Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding to an Existing Image

Grinch

Is there a way to grab an existing image and move it up, down or  side to side so that you can add to the image and create a second image different from the first?  Lets say I have drawn the perfect christmas tree and it is at the bottom of the screen and only takes up half of the pixels.  Now I want to add to that image and slide it up the pixels and add more things to the bottom of the tree so that it is one image and save it as a second image.  I know I can have two separate images and move them around but I want to have one image to move around rather than try and coordinate the two images to move together.

Yes by adjusting the numbers but I can't give you the details on how to do that as I don't do that all that often. 

Edited by lightzilla

The only numbers I see are the image action numbers but that does not help create the second image.   I will keep looking for a way if you are sure it can be done.

Found it.  Click on Apply x,y in Preview and  then when you click on the image  it will move to the image coordinates.  Once it is on the screen click on ADD image and make sure the coordinates match were you want it's new location 

Edited by Grinch

1 hour ago, Grinch said:

The only numbers I see are the image action numbers but that does not help create the second image.   I will keep looking for a way if you are sure it can be done.

Found it.  Click on Apply x,y in Preview and  then when you click on the image  it will move to the image coordinates.  Once it is on the screen click on ADD image and make sure the coordinates match were you want it's new location 

I never did it that way. I had the original image go up & then stay up, & then I drew a second image & had it stay down. Just refreshed my mind on how I did it. I should try the way you did it now. I am using the original Superstar at the moment. The way I did it in the original Superstar was when I drew the image on the bottom I would have say -40 on the end (box 4 ), & then copy & past & have these numbers in place..... Start 2nd box -40 & end (4th box ) -40 & keep copying & pasting that section until I have it disappear.  It will stay up, & then I draw a new second image on the bottom & keep it staying down.   The two images will slide up & off together even though they are separate images.

Edited by lightzilla

Thanks for the reply Lightzilla.  I have used your method in the past.   But sometimes I really want to modify the original image to just add to that image.

• Like 1

As posted by lightzilla you can move an image using "Apply x,y in Preview" and then "Add" it as a new image and the image will be moved. Also, after moving the image you can draw more on that image to modify it and then click on "Add" to make a new image that has the modifications.

Not sure if that answers you question though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BrianBruderer said:

As posted by lightzilla you can move an image using "Apply x,y in Preview" and then "Add" it as a new image and the image will be moved. Also, after moving the image you can draw more on that image to modify it and then click on "Add" to make a new image that has the modifications.

Not sure if that answers you question though.

After I update an image I click add & once it is on the screen then I delete the original image, or I keep it depending on the actions the characters are doing.  I do that when I am adding action ( like arm & feet movement ).  The image making isn't that though once you get the hang of it, but what I focus on more is the morphs, shock wave, Spiral, Fan, shimmer etc tools. Folks told me they already seen effects that they hadn't seen before, & I am working on trying to find new effects. So far Superstar is a bottomless well of surprises. Morphs make a nice winding flowing river if done correctly. 

As was mentioned by others.....thank you Brian for a great software.