Light-O-Rama Forums

More than one sequence at a time

jonnyci

I am curious if anyone may know as to why you cant open more than one SS sequence at a time?  I would think that it would be designed in the same way the Sequence Editor works multiple sequences open in the same window as tabs which allow for easy copy and pasting.

you can...

per Brain in this post:

Brian says:  To open a second instance of SuperStar you should be able to go to where you launched the first instance and click on it again, you should hat have to press the "Shift" key.

As jimswinder said, you can.

You can not have more than one open on that instance of superstar but you can have multible instances open. So, after you have SS opened, simply open superstar a second time just like the first.

Now at this point in time you can not copy/paste between the 2 instances, but Brian has already announced that will be a new feature in the next release.

in the mean time, you will need to use the clipboard. 

The previous two posts are a good summary.

For what it is worth, when I first started programming SuperStar I had a choice of using the "multi-document" interface like what the sequence editor has. But I chose to use the "single document interface" because that is what products like Microsoft Word now use. In Microsoft Word, when you open another document you get a new instance of Word.

And as Saxon posted, in the next release you will be able to copy/paste between different instances of SuperStar.

Thanks Brian!  I have been using 2 instances of SS, but as you stated not able to copy/paste between the 2.  Also, creating and saving a new clipboard, the clipboard that you save does not show in the second instance of SS.