Light-O-Rama Forums

Superstar and PE intensity file

ebrown1972

I am using both Pixel editor and superstar to sequence my pixels. I am using superstar to sequence the outline of my house. I exported what I sequenced in superstar to an existing sequence in the sequence editor as an intensity file. I then played the sequence in the visualizer and it played perfectly fine. I opened up the pixel editor and chose the sequence that I exported the superstar intensity file to. When I play it in the pixel editor I do not see my intensity file playing in the preview. I have the outline of my house defined properly in the pixel editor. I also have the outline of my house set to sequence editor in the sequencing method in the preview design. The pixel editor should preview the intensity file from superstar correct? I want to see my newly sequenced outline in the pixel editor. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

6 hours ago, bbayjohn said:

Try using the visualizer program not the view animation attached to Sequence editor.

I am not sure what you are talking about. I am not viewing anything in the sequence editor. I am viewing everything in the Pixel editor. The Pixel editor will view every item I have during playback except for the superstar intensity file.

Sorry didn't read your first post correctly

But what if you export the new pe intencity file to SE and view in the vis program. Can you view it now playing the SE threw vis. If you cant see it then maybe run the Verifier to confirm your channel configurations are correct.

From the help files.

A preview defines the lighting elements in your display and how they are arranged. It allows your sequence to be simulated during playback. It may contain just the elements you plan to sequence using the Pixel Editor, or it may contain every element of your display (including the elements sequenced in the Sequence Editor). If you choose the latter, then you can see the combined results of your Sequence Editor and Pixel Editor sequences without ever leaving the Pixel Editor.

Doesn't say SS intensity files will play in the PE preview. So if you exported your SS file as legacy format into SE then import into PE. It should work so you can see everything in PE preview

50 minutes ago, bbayjohn said:

Sorry didn't read your first post correctly

But what if you export the new pe intencity file to SE and view in the vis program. Can you view it now playing the SE threw vis. If you cant see it then maybe run the Verifier to confirm your channel configurations are correct.

From the help files.

Doesn't say SS intensity files will play in the PE preview. So if you exported your SS file as legacy format into SE then import into PE. It should work so you can see everything in PE preview

Yes I did it in legacy format and all worked as expected in the pixel editor preview. I am just hoping that the pixel editor can preview SS intensity files. It does not look like it will though. Maybe Matt will chime in at some point and let us know. Thanks for your responses though.

If this is not possible, maybe in the near future, the pixel editor will display superstar intensity files. Hint Hint Hint

Export the PE intensity file, export the SS Intensity file, and then in SS, combine the intensity files and view it in the Visualizer.

49 minutes ago, Ron Boyd said:

Export the PE intensity file, export the SS Intensity file, and then in SS, combine the intensity files and view it in the Visualizer.

Ron, thanks for the response. I understand I can do all of that in the visualizer. I have several custom models in the previewer that I cannot duplicate in the visualizer. At least not to the point that they look good. I was hoping to watch it all play together in the pixel editor to see what my custom models look like while playing the superstar intensity file I created. 

Actually the way I understand it is the PE doesn't read the Intensity Data file. It is looking at the .lpe file. The Intensity data file is created so that it will attach to your SE file and can be played with the sequence. The only way to see the SS programming would be to somehow create those props into PE, then migrate the programming into PE, I would ask Matt to look at this as a possible improvement in the future for those using both programs.

SPaschall

• Like 1

On 2/10/2016 at 0:11 PM, ebrown1972 said:

Ron, thanks for the response. I understand I can do all of that in the visualizer. I have several custom models in the previewer that I cannot duplicate in the visualizer. At least not to the point that they look good. I was hoping to watch it all play together in the pixel editor to see what my custom models look like while playing the superstar intensity file I created. 

What props are you having trouble creating. Can you post a screen shot of the ones in question. I may be able to help. I've created a lot of pixel props over the last few years. I may not have done what you're wanting, but I have a pretty good understanding of the visualizer and might be able to figure it out.

Thought I'd offer my assistance. the visualizer has been an invaluable tool for me over the course of me doing these shows.

Last year, I spoke with Brian about the combining of intensity files. You can combine as many as you want to, as long as it does not exceed 100 Universes.

Edited by Ron Boyd

3 hours ago, Ron Boyd said:

What props are you having trouble creating. Can you post a screen shot of the ones in question. I may be able to help. I've created a lot of pixel props over the last few years. I may not have done what you're wanting, but I have a pretty good understanding of the visualizer and might be able to figure it out.

Thought I'd offer my assistance. the visualizer has been an invaluable tool for me over the course of me doing these shows.

Last year, I spoke with Brian about the combining of intensity files. You can combine as many as you want to, as long as it does not exceed 100 Universes.

I am wanting to add a candy cane pixel arch. 14 candy canes in total to make one arch. Each candy cane would have 10 pixels in it for a total of 144 pixels.. I made a custom model in pixel editor with no problems and it looks great. I might end up sequencing it in pixel editor but i also like the single pixel control that superstar has. Leechburglights.com is where I got the excel file from to make the custom prop in pixel editor.

4 hours ago, ebrown1972 said:

I am wanting to add a candy cane pixel arch. 14 candy canes in total to make one arch. Each candy cane would have 10 pixels in it for a total of 144 pixels.. I made a custom model in pixel editor with no problems and it looks great. I might end up sequencing it in pixel editor but i also like the single pixel control that superstar has. Leechburglights.com is where I got the excel file from to make the custom prop in pixel editor.

14 Candy Canes, 10 pixels each, in an arch.

Candy Canes upright?

Pixel # 1 at the bottom?

Single output on controller and all in the same universe?

All of the hooks facing the same?

I'l see if I can hash something out using these parameters. If they are different, let me know.

Edit:

Try this. Download the file https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dujcz6cvqbv8z1h/AAAxdBM_08CbiiB3DKpQMwMCa?dl=0

Open SS and select

File-->Import Visualization Pair-->(Select) Candy Cane Arch_Row (for the row)-->(Select) Candy Cane Arch (for the real)

Edited by Ron Boyd
Add Link

8 hours ago, Ron Boyd said:

14 Candy Canes, 10 pixels each, in an arch.

Candy Canes upright?

Pixel # 1 at the bottom?

Single output on controller and all in the same universe?

All of the hooks facing the same?

I'l see if I can hash something out using these parameters. If they are different, let me know.

Edit:

Try this. Download the file https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dujcz6cvqbv8z1h/AAAxdBM_08CbiiB3DKpQMwMCa?dl=0

Open SS and select

File-->Import Visualization Pair-->(Select) Candy Cane Arch_Row (for the row)-->(Select) Candy Cane Arch (for the real)

Thanks Ron. I will try that out when I get back on the computer.

Ron, That is very close to what I am looking for except I am wanting each candy cane to face each other at the end of the curves and at the ends the pixels go into the next candy cane it is facing such as this https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiV3-v3tPfKAhXByyYKHXILCaoQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DK9nGkjTxZnw&psig=AFQjCNF10z9V1B3d5c0I1fUcH5ifAvOvMA&ust=1455544718953127 

The picture below shows only 10 candy canes where as I am wanting 14. The first pixel starts on the bottom left, goes through the cane and exits the top of that cane into the top of the next cane then back down into the next and so on. 

Thanks Ron for helping me out with this.

maxresdefault.jpg

3 hours ago, bobschm said:

I'm staying on my soapbox!  ?

I like this. When all of this started a long time ago, I read something along the lines of, and I'm paraphrasing here, The Pixel Editor will be accessed through the Sequence Editor. If memory serves, while in the SE, you could select a section of your sequence, click on the PE and it would open up. Make the necessary changes and they would be added to the lms sequence. So bobschm, your idea was originally thought of at some point, but for some reason or another, it didn't happen.

3 hours ago, ebrown1972 said:

Ron, That is very close to what I am looking for except I am wanting each candy cane to face each other at the end of the curves and at the ends the pixels go into the next candy cane it is facing such as this https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiV3-v3tPfKAhXByyYKHXILCaoQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DK9nGkjTxZnw&psig=AFQjCNF10z9V1B3d5c0I1fUcH5ifAvOvMA&ust=1455544718953127 

The picture below shows only 10 candy canes where as I am wanting 14. The first pixel starts on the bottom left, goes through the cane and exits the top of that cane into the top of the next cane then back down into the next and so on. 

Thanks Ron for helping me out with this.

maxresdefault.jpg

Give me a bit and I'll see what I can do. Should be just a matter of moving some stuff around.

31 minutes ago, Ron Boyd said:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dujcz6cvqbv8z1h/AAAxdBM_08CbiiB3DKpQMwMCa?dl=0

Okay, try this one. Same instructions as the last for import into SS. I used Universe 1 channel 1 just to make sure it works in SS. Just run the Channel Wizard to your channels used.

Great work Ron. That worked awesome. Thanks so much. Perfect!!!!