Light-O-Rama Forums

sequencing and video

Mr Grunts

Question, I am just starting to integrate a video into my shows, This year for the fourth i am planning on sequencing my lights to a video show, using youtube videos. I know how to set up the SE with the video to start sequencing but what i would like to know is, is there a way that i can view the video as i am sequencing along with the graph?. I would like to stay with the same colors and timing as the video but this is kinda hard without seeing the video as i sequence. So my question is, is there a way to view the video in SE the same time as i am sequencing?

Please let me know and thank you

Dennis Smith

anniesmith116@gmail.com 

Yes you can. In video preferences set screen to small or use a second monitor. The second monitor could be the TV via a hdmi cord.

Thank you for the reply,  (  In video preferences ) are you talking about in SE? Im confused, sorry. i dont see set screen to small in SE

To set screen to small in SE go to View>Video>select Show video. Make sure the full screen box is not ticked. Now look at Edit>preferences>Video preferences. This time you want display videos ticked only. Later when you run the show you can select witch monitor etc.

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know what type of Projector is the best to use with the LOR system? I have been trying to add video to my shows for years but, I have had trouble. I have added video but I always have to turn on the projectors and put them on a loop. I would really like to add the projection so that it will run with my LOR system and have the units turn the projector on & off just like the lights. However, I can't figure out what or how to do it. I was trying to use an ERISAN HOME LED Projector but I can't get it to play and turn on & off with the system it has to be turn on manually and then go through all the options to get the video and then put it on a loop. I NEED HELP to figure this out. PLEASE!

LED Projector.jpg

18 hours ago, Shadowrider73 said:

I would really like to add the projection so that it will run with my LOR system and have the units turn the projector on & off just like the lights.

I'm not sure this is possible. I know with my projector it takes a minute or more for the bulb to warm up and come to full brightness. You mention that you use a LED projector, so maybe it is instant on. Most people turn the projector on at the start of the show and then use a black screen (picture) or a Holiday themed picture to play thru the projector until it is triggered to play a video in the sequence. Search the forums for projector and you will find what others do in greater detail.

Alan..

39 minutes ago, default said:

I'm not sure this is possible. I know with my projector it takes a minute or more for the bulb to warm up and come to full brightness. You mention that you use a LED projector, so maybe it is instant on. Most people turn the projector on at the start of the show and then use a black screen (picture) or a Holiday themed picture to play thru the projector until it is triggered to play a video in the sequence. Search the forums for projector and you will find what others do in greater detail.

Alan..

All 3 of my projectors are similar to yours, not to mention the sleep mode on one of mine.

If it doesn't have a sleep mode, the boot up time would have to be added as a "lights on" time in SE so if he wanted to start the projection too early into the show it wouldn't be possible. Also with all of mine you have to go through the menu to select what to play.

For those reasons I have never used a sequence in conjunction with a sequence. I have used stand alone but only on two occasions.

JR