Light-O-Rama Forums

Yes, forums look different ....

LORAdmin

so, a double bubble means topic and a single bubble means a post (a reply to a topic), (that seems backwards.)

A full star means you have participated and there is new content

an empty star means you participated and have viewed all new content....

full circle means new (new to you)........

no circle means you have viewed all content in it.....

???? I think I got that right????

It does work well with the mobile

it does work finally with IE (so far)

14 hours ago, mpageler said:

While the new "new content" lists active posts by time, it also lists the actual new threads. This is fine is you are a person who wants to view/reed every single new post.  But I believe many of us like to browse through a list of current threads and pick/choose which threads to open up.  So right now with "new content", we have to scoll by for examply 3 new posts for a thread that you don't have any interest in. So extra clustter that we didn't have before.

I agree with on this, mpageler......try this:

hover new content/my activity/create custom stream/ name it (like topics)/under SHOW ME select "content items only"/

and under CONTENT TYPE select "topics" / now save and load results.

Now to further the feel of the old forum at the top right corner of the topics select condense version (or something like that).

ANyway, that's what I did, worked for me.

edit/add:

once you are on your new stream, it will say "topics" (that's what mine says) in the header with a check mark by it - click that check mark and select as your default and it will put a button in the upper right-hand corner next to the "marked as read" button. - Now that's cool, I like that, beats having to click 3 times with a drop down menu.

Edited by saxon
additonal info

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LORAdmin

• saxon

• k6ccc

• robongar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Something that I miss is being able to scroll to the bottom of the page and see who is logged on.  Will this come back?

40 minutes ago, Need more lights said:

Third!!!     and what happened to the friends list???

It seems the software programmers did away with the 'Friends' list. It's now a 'Followers' system. You can follow someone and get notifications on when they post content.

12 hours ago, 75redman said:

Something that I miss is being able to scroll to the bottom of the page and see who is logged on.  Will this come back?

Yes/No.

Yes, you should now be able to see who is online. No, I haven't found a way to get it back at the bottom of the page. Look at the top of the page under "Browse" for "Online Users"

7 minutes ago, LORAdmin said:

Yes/No.

Yes, you should now be able to see who is online. No, I haven't found a way to get it back at the bottom of the page. Look at the top of the page under "Browse" for "Online Users"

Great. Thanks.

21 minutes ago, LORAdmin said:

It seems the software programmers did away with the 'Friends' list. It's now a 'Followers' system. You can follow someone and get notifications on when they post content.

Works for me but its too bad the original list is gone. 

• 4 months later...

Hi, I want to report what I think maybe a problem. Or I'm having another senior moment. 

I play this " continue the story in 3 words"

yesterday I was going to quote somebody, then changed my mine. 

I can't seem to get away from the quote, ive tried logging off and relogging on. Basically I've tried everything I can think off. I just can't ge clear of the quote box in my replys 

im using an IPad Pro 

Edited by robongar

12 minutes ago, robongar said:

Hi, I want to report what I think maybe a problem. Or I'm having another senior moment. 

I play this " continue the story in 3 words"

yesterday I was going to quote somebody, then changed my mine. 

I can't seem to get away from the quote, ive tried logging off and relogging on. Basically I've tried everything I can think off. I just can't ge clear of the quote box in my replys 

im using an IPad Pro 

Hopefully you have a "Source" button in your editor. Try flipping over to that to clear out the screen.

1 hour ago, LORAdmin said:

Hopefully you have a "Source" button in your editor. Try flipping over to that to clear out the screen.

I have seen the same problem ever since the new forum arrived.  Never have found a way to get rid of it except to use a different browser.

I have no idea what you mean by a "Source" button.  The closest I know of is a "View source code" menu item, but that does not seem likely what is needed, and besides most browsers eliminated that years ago (too bad).  BTW, I use Firefox, but I have seen the same problem in Chrome.

50 minutes ago, LORAdmin said:

quote%20pic.jpg_zpsu2bsvrim.pngCapture.PNG

No source button in mobile view:

Edited by Mega Arch

No "Source" button on Firefox, Chrome, and I even tried Internet Exploder.  Not on Tapatalk on my phone either.

Well crap, it's tied in the ability to post raw HTML into a post ... which hopefully we could all agree wouldn't be a smart idea.... 

Any chance clearing the cache of the phone will reset the quoting problem?

When I change my mind, I just go to the top and select new content - all activity. Then go to post as new & previous quote is gone. 

Same on phone & Windows 10 pc. So no problem for me. Was just pointing out the source wasn't there. 

no source button  

When I change my mind, upper left of the quote box, right click, select all, delete on your keyboard. 

Sometimes you get different options, sometimes you need to have the quote box highlighted, but it works - for me anyway

edit: just realized he on iPad,  I don't know if there is a keyboard hooked up. 

Edited by saxon