Light-O-Rama Forums

More Papagayo

OurMikeyRocks

I saw ItsMeBobO offering to solve all of the Papagayo questions.  :P  So, here goes.  My ultimate goal is to animate the mouth parts (sounds like a mosquito) of my Olaf and Singing Christmas Tree wire frames to enhance my LOR-based display.

In all of the rummaging around I have done in the forums, etc., I haven't found any mouth models with only 4 parts.  The wire frames I have have pretty simple mouths, but only four parts.  So, how do I model these and make them usable in Papagayo?  I would rather not have to spend $300 for Anime Studio PRO.  Are there other solutions?  Of course I want something simple because my real goal is my Christmas display, not how to work a software package one time.

To complicate things, I chose to download the new 2.0b1 beta version of Papagayo.  I have played with it and it seems intuitive and easy to use.  I was very quickly able to go through and sequence one of my songs using the provided mouth models.  Problem is I don't see any posts that reference the new version.

Now I want to go to the next step.  Any ideas?

Mikey

go back to version 1.3.5...which you can find a link to on Bobs sight..it works much better

What do you deem as the "next step" for you?

You'll also want to download Bobs Papagayo To LOR program...which uses ALL 10 of the phenomes, so you will need to "combine" some of the 10 down to your 4...easily done since some of them are very similar...I actually use 5.

I use the following combinations of phenomes:

AL

E and L

FV and WBP

O and U

WQ and ETC

REST

Using Bobs Papagayo To LOR program I export all 10 phenomes into my sequence then copy and paste the 10 into my 5 by using the "paste to foreground" option...

Edited by jimswinder

I saw ItsMeBobO offering to solve all of the Papagayo questions.  :P  So, here goes.  My ultimate goal is to animate the mouth parts (sounds like a mosquito) of my Olaf and Singing Christmas Tree wire frames to enhance my LOR-based display.

In all of the rummaging around I have done in the forums, etc., I haven't found any mouth models with only 4 parts.  The wire frames I have have pretty simple mouths, but only four parts.  So, how do I model these and make them usable in Papagayo?  I would rather not have to spend $300 for Anime Studio PRO.  Are there other solutions?  Of course I want something simple because my real goal is my Christmas display, not how to work a software package one time.

To complicate things, I chose to download the new 2.0b1 beta version of Papagayo.  I have played with it and it seems intuitive and easy to use.  I was very quickly able to go through and sequence one of my songs using the provided mouth models.  Problem is I don't see any posts that reference the new version.

Now I want to go to the next step.  Any ideas?

Mikey

Papagayo has 10 mouth shapes.   You line up the words with no regard for how many mouth shapes your prop mouth can make.   

go back to version 1.3.5...which you can find a link to on Bobs sight..it works much better

What do you deem as the "next step" for you?

You'll also want to download Bobs Papagayo To LOR program...which uses ALL 10 of the phenomes, so you will need to "combine" some of the 10 down to your 4...easily done since some of them are very similar...I actually use 5.

I use the following combinations of phenomes:

AL

E and L

FV and WBP

O and U

WQ and ETC

REST

Using Bobs Papagayo To LOR program I export all 10 phenomes into my sequence then copy and paste the 10 into my 5 by using the "paste to foreground" option...

This is correct Jim.  Please allow me to add some detail.  P2LOR creates a clipboard with the mouth shapes combined for you.  In Jim's example he wants both the O and U to  light the O mouth shape.   You tell P2LOR to turn on the channel or channels for your props O shape whenever papagayo asks for O or U.    The created clipboard will have only 4 channels IF the highest number specified is 4.    

When you say 4 parts. Do you mean 4 channels?  The common template has 5 channels but can form more than 5 mouth shapes by combining them. 

If you want to post your prop OMR I will suggest a solution here. Or PM me with a link to where I can see the files.

My singing light bulbs have only 4 shapes.

1 - closed mouth

2- small open

3- large open

4- "O" shape

I use the #1 for a small smile

then #1 with the #2 to form the complete small open mouth

and the #1 with the #3 to form the complete large open mouth

then if you wanted you can use #2 for a medium smile and #3 for a larger smile.

I imported 4 identical sized pics with the different mouth shapes (made in Microsoft paint) into the Mouth folder and placed them into their own folder. The program may say you need permission but if you continue through, it will allow you. You have to name each pic accordingly (like the other mouth folders- make sure you have the exact name and spelling or papagayo will leave it blank). You WILL have the same pic for different phenomes (just copy and paste - then rename). If you choose the shapes to best match the phenomes it will look pretty good.

Also in papagayo when you choose 25 FPS - look at the actual work area. If the frame count doesn't count up by 25 select 25 again. There is a glitch there.

Also if you don't have the P2LOR and can't seem to find it, go back to ItsMeBob's site and click on the parrot icon on the left hand side beside the download links. Sort of hidden behind it. Good luck and happy lighting!

Edited by James Hill
  • Like 1