Light-O-Rama Forums

Light Up Ohio 2016 is Coming!

Bill Hoffman

Light Up Ohio 2016 is happy to Welcome our newest Sponsor, Connie's Holiday Attractions.  Connie's products include animated light displays, ornaments, interior products, building-front decorations, banners, commercial grade lights, both incandescent and LED, and all at wholesale prices.  Check them out at www.conniesholidayattractions.com, and come to Light Up Ohio 2016 for your chance to "Win" the Beautiful 44" Lighted Wreath, they are giving away as a Door Prize.  Registration is "OPEN NOW"!!  http://light-up-ohio.whindo.com/event/default.aspx?lock=2441954-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&key=3a59b151de6f3b9

Time sure does fly by.  Several months ago we started planning Light Up Ohio 2016, and now it's less than 2 weeks away.  Sign up now to reserve your spot!!  It's a 2 day event May 13-14, in beautiful Westerville, Ohio.  Richard Renn's Nutcracker class on Fri. May 13th, is almost full.  Also, we are almost to capacity on the next day Sat. May 14th, for the Main Event.  If you want one of our Collector T-shirts, you only have this week left. We will be taking Registration clear up to the Event, and even at the door. There will be education, food, sharing, door prizes, new products, and lots and lots of FUN!  Hope to see there!    

http://light-up-ohio.whindo.com/event/default.aspx?lock=2441954-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&key=3a59b151de6f3b9

Light Up Ohio 2016 is happy to announce our latest Sponsor, Winkelbottoms.  Gregg Jones is the owner, and he has been making quality wireframes for several years.  For all of your wireframe needs contact Gregg.  If you can imagine it, Gregg can turn it into a wireframe that will take your display to the next level.  We will be giving away 2-Gift Certificates at Light Up Ohio 2016, generously donated by www.Winkelbottoms.com.  Registration is open at: 

http://light-up-ohio.whindo.com/event/default.aspx?lock=2441954-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&key=3a59b151de6f3b9

Thanks for your help!  Respond to bhoff52@yahoo.com "ASAP", so you will not get closed out.  All we need is a confirmation if you are planning to attend Friday's session.  We are very close to capacity, and we need your input.  We are very limited on seating at Richard Renn's Nutcracker session on Fri., May 13th, at Light Up Ohio 2016.  PLEASE HELP US OUT!!

"LIGHT UP OHIO 2016-PLEASE READ!!"  If you haven't registered for Light Up Ohio 2016 by now, we sorry to announce that there is no more room in Rich's Nutcracker session on Fri. May 13th.  We have reached the capacity of the facility!!!!  You can still register for the "Main Event" on Sat. May 14th, where Rich, along with others, will be doing presentations on various aspects of Holiday Lighting.  Please see our Agenda and Registration form at:

Don't forget...The Meet & Greet Friday the 13th after the Nutcracker session, it's always a good time & good food! Also we will be having the White Elephant Gift Exchange on Saturday, so if you would like to participate in that - bring a "wrapped" gift with you! It can be anything valued at up to $20, hopefully Christmas related. The White Elephant Gift Exchange is a lot of fun, so plan on participating. We have 2 great days planned, don't get left out by not registering!! All information is at our Registration Site, but if you have any question please feel free to contact me or Jeff Phillips.

Now that I have finally had a chance to unwind, and clear my head a little of all the information I learned, I would like to Thank some people on Light Up Ohio's behalf. First and foremost, I would like to Thank the people that helped organize this event. It's a small event, but it still takes a lot of organization to bring it all together. A big Thank You goes out to Jeff Phillips, Joe Erdeljac, Jerry Plak, Richard Renn II, and all of the people who helped setup, clean-up, and spent their time helping others understand things.
The backbone of this whole event is always the presenters. The presentations this year were second to none, and I want to Thank each and every presenter for sharing their knowledge. Thank You Richard Renn II, Jerry Plak, David Jones, Clyde Lindsey and Dan Blickensderfer for volunteering your time to help others. Also, I want to Thank all of the people that were spending time on the side, one on one, with various people helping them understand whatever confusion they were having.
I also would like to Thank all of the Vendors. There are too many to mention names here, but without you guys supporting us and supplying us with your great products, we could not pursue the hobby we love, and that is "Making Memories".
I had a great time, and learned a lot. It was great to see old friends and meet many new ones. I hope everybody had a good experience and took away some valuable knowledge from the event. Hope to see you next year!!!!!
  • Like 1