Light-O-Rama Forums

Quicktree mounting system from holidaycoro

ebrown1972

Has anyone used the quicktree mounting system from holidaycoro? If so what's your thoughts on it? Was it as easy to set up as what the video shows on their website? It looks simple and effective. Let me know what you think if anyone has used it please. Thanks

Good system, however, if for some reason you need to pull a string down, it can be difficult. A top plate with hooks is far easier, just unhook the pixel strip  from the bottom then slide the top right off the hook.

I used their QT3 Topper, my tree is 32 strings 360 degrees and there is enough room to to get the strips all around with nice spacing, It's a nice setup it's light holds tight on the pole........But as jerry32 stated if you have to replace a string it is difficult so I went one step further than the way they show it, I got the pixel strip hooks from Christmas light show and attached them to the pixel strips and they just hook over the top and that solved that problem. It was a good thing I found them cuz I had  5 pixel strings go bad this past season that I had to swap out.

I used their QT3 Topper, my tree is 32 strings 360 degrees and there is enough room to to get the strips all around with nice spacing, It's a nice setup it's light holds tight on the pole........But as jerry32 stated if you have to replace a string it is difficult so I went one step further than the way they show it, I got the pixel strip hooks from Christmas light show and attached them to the pixel strips and they just hook over the top and that solved that problem. It was a good thing I found them cuz I had  5 pixel strings go bad this past season that I had to swap out.

Now that is a good idea, i may have to look at doing that for my tree this year when i rebuild it.

Now that is a good idea, i may have to look at doing that for my tree this year when i rebuild it.

Jerry, is your tree a 360 or 180? I am considering doing something a little different than most. I am considering building a 24 string 180 tree. I have a 12 pixel string 180 tree now. I just am not sure how that would turn out with the way the quick tree topper is round.

Jerry, is your tree a 360 or 180? I am considering doing something a little different than most. I am considering building a 24 string 180 tree. I have a 12 pixel string 180 tree now. I just am not sure how that would turn out with the way the quick tree topper is round.

You would just need the bigger topper that Dave sells. I think it's the QT3 that takes up to 64 strands.

You would just need the bigger topper that Dave sells. I think it's the QT3 that takes up to 64 strands.

Yes, that will be the one I plan on to get. Looks like the system will make for a very nice looking tree. Does anyone have pics of their tree with this system?

• 10 months later...

For those using the QuickTree, what other support mechanisms do you have in place for the pipe in the middle? Does the tension from the strips kind of keep it solid in place or is other support required? I imagine answers vary based on the height of the tree, but I am talking about a height of 15 feet.