Light-O-Rama Forums

My Light Setup (Studio C)

Matt the Franchize

Hi there

Ive been wanting to share what I use my Light O Rama controller for. I don't have what you call a "Traditional" setup. However I utilize my LOR controller for DJ Lights. I am a Chuck E. Cheese collector/archivist and also a former DJ. Some of the lights on this setup are from my old DJ stuff. Its something different but I figured its worth the share.

Here's a playlist with all the songs I have programmed!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjs6sUPDZlAFWtW3jQpacVGpnIenYfoje

Be careful with LOR controllers and those lights. 

Are some of those parcans?

Don't overload your controller.

Also dimming things like disco balls can damage stuff.

If the disco ball is DC and has a power supply, it won't last long being switched and dimmed frequently. If it is an AC one that is dimmable, it will destroy your triacs. The motors are inductive and current draw at start up is a lot. The dimmable ones are made to be used with proffesional DMX dimmer packs such as the Zero88 Betapack, but LOR is made for Christmas lights.

I navigated from your light show videos to some weird stuff like the video below

I'll be having nightmares tonight.

What is Chuck and Cheese? It looks like real life Five Nights at Freddys

Chuckie Cheese is a pizza/arcade for kids.

Really?

I would be scared if I saw those robot things. I actually thought it was some Five Nights at Freddys thing!

• Like 1

I don't even know if they are still around, but in the 80's an animatronic band was fairly high tech. The kids (of all ages) loved it. The video is a bit out of context.

Went to several birthday parties at Chuckie'e. No hint of anything scary, very Disney-esque.

Got one here in my town and most major cities around me. Commercials are aired all the time. Was there in October for my sons birthday party. What a mad house.

And yes they still have the animatronic band that plays for "paid" bday parties.

Elf- Chuckie Cheese is the mouses name, he likes pizza. ,, and money.

I'm actually a tech manager for chuck e cheese and currently have a new version of the show that uses Rgb lights called circle of lights no more animatronics

I'm new to this website the store that I work at its only a year old

The show its run by dmx Rgb lights almost like lor

I bet Matt have a few videos of the new show

post-16884-0-76137600-1452746697_thumb.j

Edited by Toño

I'm actually a tech manager for chuck e cheese and currently have a new version of the show that uses Rgb lights called circle of lights no more animatronics

I'm new to this website the store that I work at its only a year old

The show its run by dmx Rgb lights almost like lor

I bet Matt have a few videos of the new show

After reading this post I watched and read a lot about CEC. Aaron Fletcher's Rockafire Explosion and the CEC animatronics are really interesting.

It is a shame that they will probably remove the animatronics in most places. Hopefully someone will buy them.

I even cried a little watching the concept unification video. The way the sad voiced man said "This can be destroyed" is so sad.

The kids love it. However when you walk through the doors you're met with security that's an absolute joke. The kids get to play on equipment that's in various states of disrepair. They have a staff they could care less if you live or die. Their pizza is a cheese like substance thrown on top of something that resembles cardboard (with sauce). I decided to go for a salad (I've never seen lettuce that shade of brown) their show wasn't enough to get me back. They had it turned up to 10 billion decibels so you had to scream at the top of your lungs to talk to the person next to you. Disclaimer(Others may have had a different experience but I doubt it)