Light-O-Rama Forums

Painted Display Help

mmais68569

I have a Santa & Elves I have used for a few years & now it needs repainting badly. Unfortunately I let it go to long & have lost the paint colors & outline of a few elves. Does anyone have the paint pattern for this display (picture below) All I need is the stack of elves Santa is OK.
Thanks Mike

post-1837-0-44727800-1451392548_thumb.jp

It looks like a Winfield Collection pattern. Maybe just a good picture of it will be enough to go by. Exact colors are not required. You can add a personal touch with your own colors.

I did a repaint on my gingerbread train this year and changed the colors up a bit. It still looks great.

Just take a couple pictures of them to keep your memory fresh.... go to; like Home Depot/ Lowes and get a lot of color cards that you like from the paint department and compare them...

You can also get small sample colors from them and compare to find what you want to use.. If your pictures are close to the color you want they can scan it and do color matching and get small containers of it and not have to mess with qt size cans etc. 

if you have some that has peeled they just need a piece between nickle and quarter size to computer read the color.

also as said above... colors dont have to match.... look at what you have and make your own mind up as to what color you want to do them in.

maybe project it onto what you want to copy it on from a picture you can use a small projector like this etc. if you dont have access to a big one which connects to your computer..

http://www.michaels.com/10159051.html#q=projector&start=1

you can use it for other projects to like making display outlines from coloring books etc.

Edited by Old Sarge