Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB floods on a blue house?

cgreenfield

I was planning to color wash my beige colored house with RGB flood lights, however I was recently informed that the house was to be painted blue in the somewhat near future. I am now concerned about how much this would affect the end color cast on the house. Has anyone ever had any experience with RGB floods on a background other than off white or similar? I don't want to invest in these and then realize that they don't work well on a blue house.

Thanks,

-Chris-

946758_1669903289914543_3236466527002774

my house, light and dark browns, it has 20 10w floods pointed at it and 12 pointed towards the street. Not sure if this will help but it'll give you an idea of what works, what doesn't, and what's possible. Here's a link to this years vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWbUhIXaGkY

946758_1669903289914543_3236466527002774

my house, light and dark browns, it has 20 10w floods pointed at it and 12 pointed towards the street. Not sure if this will help but it'll give you an idea of what works, what doesn't, and what's possible. Here's a link to this years vid

Hi I hope you don't mind me asking but where did you get the strobes from. I have Ben trying for this look and not achieved it yet. The ones I got this year were not as imp active. Thanks. Tony

Ps didn't mean to hijack this thread

RGB on a blue house will not turn out good colors other than blue. You shine red on it and it might be a purplish color. Shine green on it and it might be a turquoise color. And the colors will be darker because blue will be the base color.

Just my two cents.

my house, light and dark browns, it has 20 10w floods pointed at it and 12 pointed towards the street. Not sure if this will help but it'll give you an idea of what works, what doesn't, and what's possible.

Thank You. That's Exactly the info I was looking for. Maybe I don't have to worry about the color as much as i thought. Though I now realize that mounting them is gonna be a pain if i want more than just the lower third of the house to be color washed 

Hi I hope you don't mind me asking but where did you get the strobes from. I have Ben trying for this look and not achieved it yet. The ones I got this year were not as imp active. Thanks. Tony

I was gonna ask the same thing. Also how many Strobes do you have oilmoney?

RGB on a blue house will not turn out good colors other than blue. You shine red on it and it might be a purplish color. Shine green on it and it might be a turquoise color. And the colors will be darker because blue will be the base color.

Just my two cents.

That's what i am worried about, but not so much as to if it will affect it but instead how much will it affect the color. For what its worth the color of the house is probably going to be close to the blue color of the twitter logo.

Edited by cgreenfield

If you want to test the floods on your house I would buy one of these 10w rgb floods of ebay and play with it on the house before going nuts with lots of rgb floods. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10W-20W-30W-50W-LED-RGB-PIR-Flood-Spot-Light-Outdoor-Garden-Lamp-Bulb-85V-265V-/371202174594?var=&hash=item566d5fae82:m:m7FFIoVdCJY3gr_nOV1UtPA

Those are the white xenon u tube strobes from DIY LED express. There's 500 of them. I have them spread out over 6 channels. I fire them all at the same time.

Edited by oilmoney

my house, light and dark browns, it has 20 10w floods pointed at it and 12 pointed towards the street. Not sure if this will help but it'll give you an idea of what works, what doesn't, and what's possible.

Thank You. That's Exactly the info I was looking for. Maybe I don't have to worry about the color as much as i thought. Though I now realize that mounting them is gonna be a pain if i want more than just the lower third of the house to be color washed 

I was gonna ask the same thing. Also how many Strobes do you have oilmoney?

Just my two cents.

That's what i am worried about, but not so much as to if it will affect it but instead how much will it affect the color. For what its worth the color of the house is probably going to be close to the blue color of the twitter logo.

Here's a video of 8 10w RGB floods on my house, my house is a light gray/blue color

If you want to test the floods on your house I would buy one of these 10w rgb floods of ebay and play with it on the house before going nuts with lots of rgb floods. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10W-20W-30W-50W-LED-RGB-PIR-Flood-Spot-Light-Outdoor-Garden-Lamp-Bulb-85V-265V-/371202174594?var=&hash=item566d5fae82:m:m7FFIoVdCJY3gr_nOV1UtPA

It just occured to me that i have some of the original Cosmic Color Floods that i use on Halloween to simulate lightning that i can use to test the color.

Here's a video of 8 10w RGB floods on my house, my house is a light gray/blue color

That looks Awesome. do you have a daytime pick for color comparison? also are those the LOR 10 watt floods or some sort of DMX floods?