Light-O-Rama Forums

Who is ready for next year?

ebrown1972

Well, after tomorrow and hopefully after all of this rain stops I will be taking everything down starting Monday. In a way I feel kind of sad to take it all down but I am already looking forward to next year. Since adding pixels this year I see myself just adding more and more of those over the next few years. I did not even look to score anything with all the Christmas stuff being marked down in the big box stores. I am saving my money hopefully to outline my house next year with pixels and to build another pixel tree. 

Anyway I hope all have enjoyed this year. I look forward to seeing all of the new ideas for the upcoming year from everyone. Everyone be safe when taking everything down!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I got so much to do for next year, not only for my Christmas Show but my Halloween show as well. I have to build a cemetery, a 12 foot tall spider, better tombstones. Good thing is, all the Dumb RGB nodes i put up for Halloween on the house will stay there for the Christmas show. For Christmas i have to build a sleigh for pictures with Santa, a 4x8 coco cafe,  new mega tree, and a whole lot of other stuff I am gonna be real busy next year.

Waiting for this year to end first, LOL!

Pretty much sticking with the same display for next year. Likely will add another arch but duplicate the channels. I've had enough of a massive display turnover the past couple of years.

this years show is still going for another week... but got most of the lights i will need for next years show on clearance .  need to get a some strobes and a some red strings, build a 20 foot spiral tree, this years was only 7.  oh and build a bunch of shelves to put everything that was added this year over the next week.

I plan on adding the full size manger screen from Wingate for next year...

I am thinking make them on coroplast and light them that way.... Coroplast at home depot is like 11.00 for 10 full size sheets.

also am planning on the possibility of a Ferris wheel and or merry go round from Wingate.... motor from Grainger... they have reasonale geared ones for a good price.

• 2 weeks later...

thats what I get for having a few Rum and Cokes... .I was meaning to put http://www.thewinfieldcollection.com/

I am thinking of maybe a Ferris wheel, and a merry go round and a swing etc. kinda a carnival theme but for sure I plan on making the complete Manger scene out of plywood this year for it.. just haven't decided on what size... kinda leaning to 2/3 size.. but my do the full size. 10 sheets of ply wood isn't that bad... with the 10% military discount at Home Depot of Lowes... 

I have also looked at the wood trains sets. etc. on the site.. they have some nice plans for 4th of July also..

• The topic was locked