Light-O-Rama Forums

CCBs staying on after Schedule/Show Ends

McAllister

This is my first year and maybe it's something silly that I'm missing, but consistently my CCBs are staying on all night and I can't figure out why.  The rest of the show shuts down as expected, but for some reason the CCBs always stay on until I unplug the controller to reset it.

Here's my setup:

G3-MP3 running the show off an SD Card attached to CMB24D then CTBPC16PC.  From here I run a 100' Cat6a cable to the other side of my house to a CTBPC16PC then out of that a 50' Cat6 up the roof to my CCB controller.

Everything runs as expected - show seems fine and timings seem fine.  After my "real" show cuts off at 10:30pm, I have a 2nd show scheduled which is really a 1 minute mostly static display, which loops until Midnight, then turns off.  I say mostly static because everything stays on, but the RGB devices on the CMB24D and my CCBs all just cycle through R->G->B->W->R then the sequence loops until midnight.

Consistently all the channels are turning off at midnight, with the exception of the CCBs.  They are either getting stuck all-on in R or W and I don't know why.  The red I can sort of come to terms with - the sequence ends on red - so in my mind the G3 sends the final R, then sends the "all channels off" command and since my CCB controller is 163' away (100+50+10+3 patch cables) maybe it's not hearing the command.... but it hears everything else fine and runs the show fine... but at least the R was the last color.  I'm also concerned max length seems to be 4000' and I'm well under that.  Then I have issues with why is it stuck on white half the time (and never B or G)?  White is the next to last color in the sequence, but then it fades to Red for several centiseconds before ending (so when it re-loops, Red is at the beginning).

I'm manually having to either 1) unplug/replug the CCB controller from electricity to reset it or 2) eject/re-insert the SD-card to the G3-MP3 to get the CCBs to turn off and wait for the show to start at dark the next day.  If I forget this after midnight each night, then the CCBs stay on all night (and potentially all day depending on how long until I can get there to reset it or if I forget!).

Anyone have any ideas why my CCBs are acting weird only at the end of the schedule/show?

I don't have an answer as to why it might be happening. I will, however, tell you what I do for some clients who are running via Directors.

I schedule an 'All Off' show to run after the regular shows have run for the night. Usually it's a 30 minute show, set to Show09. In reality it could be for 1 minute, but I usually set it to 30, just because. In locations I've done that, I've never had a complaint about the lights being on after hours. :)

I also do not depend on an "all off". In my case it's because seldom does everything go all off. I have shutdown sequences at the end of every show that set up the lights for the next show. The only time everything is turned off is when the sun comes up. Even then I don't depend on an " all off" command. Each channel is explicitly turned off in a sequence.

• 1 year later...
On 12/26/2015 at 11:28 AM, McAllister said:

This is my first year and maybe it's something silly that I'm missing, but consistently my CCBs are staying on all night and I can't figure out why.  The rest of the show shuts down as expected, but for some reason the CCBs always stay on until I unplug the controller to reset it.

Here's my setup:

G3-MP3 running the show off an SD Card attached to CMB24D then CTBPC16PC.  From here I run a 100' Cat6a cable to the other side of my house to a CTBPC16PC then out of that a 50' Cat6 up the roof to my CCB controller.

Everything runs as expected - show seems fine and timings seem fine.  After my "real" show cuts off at 10:30pm, I have a 2nd show scheduled which is really a 1 minute mostly static display, which loops until Midnight, then turns off.  I say mostly static because everything stays on, but the RGB devices on the CMB24D and my CCBs all just cycle through R->G->B->W->R then the sequence loops until midnight.

Consistently all the channels are turning off at midnight, with the exception of the CCBs.  They are either getting stuck all-on in R or W and I don't know why.  The red I can sort of come to terms with - the sequence ends on red - so in my mind the G3 sends the final R, then sends the "all channels off" command and since my CCB controller is 163' away (100+50+10+3 patch cables) maybe it's not hearing the command.... but it hears everything else fine and runs the show fine... but at least the R was the last color.  I'm also concerned max length seems to be 4000' and I'm well under that.  Then I have issues with why is it stuck on white half the time (and never B or G)?  White is the next to last color in the sequence, but then it fades to Red for several centiseconds before ending (so when it re-loops, Red is at the beginning).

I'm manually having to either 1) unplug/replug the CCB controller from electricity to reset it or 2) eject/re-insert the SD-card to the G3-MP3 to get the CCBs to turn off and wait for the show to start at dark the next day.  If I forget this after midnight each night, then the CCBs stay on all night (and potentially all day depending on how long until I can get there to reset it or if I forget!).

Anyone have any ideas why my CCBs are acting weird only at the end of the schedule/show?

Did you happen to figure this out? 

I'm having the same issue with G3-MP3 and a set of CCB's.  The bulbs stay on after I a show is scheduled to stop.

I've :

1)  Turned each bulb off at the end of a looping sequence - no luck

2)  Added an "all off" sequence that runs after the main sequence runs ... both run together in a loop - no luck.

3)  I've tried the "lites off" setting directly on the G3-MP3 - no luck

4)  I've tried having the G3-MP3 control the schedule - no luck

5)  I've tried having the show that is saved to the sd card control the schedule - no luck

6)  I've tried kicking the wall - no luck... :)

• The topic was locked