Light-O-Rama Forums

Why would anybody buy this?

EmmienLightFan

This is a low power HDMI cable.  There are no Orange wires used in this cable.

Lol. Good reference to my other post and that crazy LOR customer.

Not to hijack the thread, but if you want to read some of the funniest reviews ever on a product, see:

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EVOSE4?keywords=haribo%20sugar%20free%20gummi%20bears&qid=1450647795&ref_=sr_1_1&s=grocery&sr=1-1

Some of them brought tears to my eyes!

Here is another really good product to look at the reviews. It was over 50K

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00L403O8U?vs=1

I like this one:

The black levels and color depth on this TV are pretty good for the price. However, the small screen size is a deal breaker. I recommend buying an IMAX theater instead.

There's a theater for sale down the street from my business. They built a new theater 3 miles away in the next town. (Are over the top liberal city is good at driving businesses out of its border)

Had to click on ADD to Cart just to see what it would really put in for a price, Wow what a deal, it went all the way from $1,119.99¢ all the down to $25.00!    And then when I clicked on the description instead of 65.6 feet it says 65.6 "INCHES!"   Either way it ain't worth the cost. whatever size it really is! ROFLMAO

I was desperate a few years ago for an HDMI to HDMI cable for a TV and could not wait the 4-5 days that it took for my normal cable guys to send me what I needed.  So I walked into BestBuy and asked for one.

They showed me a $120 4' cable.  NO LIE.  I got the same spiel about 'Oh, this is Monster Cable, it is sooooo good!'.

I laughed in the guys face (well actually I said some 4 letter expletives).  Digital is Digital and either the bits get there, or they don't.  I walked out of the TV section, walked over to the LCD Computer Monitor section and grabbed a $18 cable (which was overpriced by $13, but I was in great need) .

People TO THIS DAY fall for that crud.  I am not saying that Monster Cable (or any other mfg) does not make a high quality cable.  In the analog days, when it actually meant something, I used a lot of their stuff.  But bits are bits - If they get there they are perfect.  If they don't get there then you have a broken cable.

I have seen them do the same thing with fiber optic cables to carry audio.

I was desperate a few years ago for an HDMI to HDMI cable for a TV and could not wait the 4-5 days that it took for my normal cable guys to send me what I needed.  So I walked into BestBuy and asked for one.

They showed me a $120 4' cable.  NO LIE.  I got the same spiel about 'Oh, this is Monster Cable, it is sooooo good!'.

I laughed in the guys face (well actually I said some 4 letter expletives).  Digital is Digital and either the bits get there, or they don't.  I walked out of the TV section, walked over to the LCD Computer Monitor section and grabbed a $18 cable (which was overpriced by $13, but I was in great need) .

People TO THIS DAY fall for that crud.  I am not saying that Monster Cable (or any other mfg) does not make a high quality cable.  In the analog days, when it actually meant something, I used a lot of their stuff.  But bits are bits - If they get there they are perfect.  If they don't get there then you have a broken cable.

I have seen them do the same thing with fiber optic cables to carry audio.

I can count how many times i had some schmuck try and sell me monster cable. No thanks, cant see the need to spend that kind of money when the one i bought from walmart 8 years ago is still working great.

• The topic was locked