Light-O-Rama Forums

50W RGB Floods Failed

Kyle Whitaker

So I am typing this on my phone while out troubleshooting this so please forgive typos.  I have my ccrs and rgb 50w floods on a second network.  Today I noticed that the second network was no longer working.  I spoke with lor and they were awesome and are over nighting a new usb485 adapter; however, I was able to track down someone with a spare.  I went and connected it up and the new adapter found the ccrs but none of the 3 50w floods.  I am now trying to figure out how my usb 485 adapter and all 3 floods failed all at once.  I have moved 1 of the floods to the computer and connected just it to the sub adapter.  I start the hardware utility and I can see the light change through the little hole on the bottom from flashing to solid.  While the hardware utility is searching it changes from solid back to blinking.  Once the search is complete the hardware utility finds nothing and the light goes back to solid.  The behavior is the same on both adapters and networks.  Arghhhhh this makes no sense.  It is hard to believe that the usb and all three floods ailed at the same time.  Help!

Just an update.  Ok so i disconnected the power and network cable.  Set the dip switch 12 to on.  Applied power and it cycled through the colors.  Turned the power back off.  Set the dip switch 12 back to off.  Connected the network cable and applied power again.  Started the HU and the light is solid.  I search and after is searches for 5-10 seconds or so the light blinks until the search is done.  When the search is done the light is solid again but I get Found 0 Units.  This happens on all 3 floods.

• Like 1

Have you tried running a sequence (closing the HU first)? if they work, don't worry about the HU finding them. As long as they communicate, that's what matters.

They don't work when running a sequence either.  I've also tried setting the Max HW ID to F0 (all the way to the right)

Check the cat5 dangles. Mine had water in them and 2 pins corroded into pieces. Replaced the connectors and this time applied silicon to the top of the connection.

Great now.

Good luck.

The dangles are dry and pins look brand new.  LOR seems to have decided that they "died" and are supposed to ship out new ones.  Still weird that all 3 failed at once.

Of possible interest.  I received the new USB485 High Speed adapter today so I decided to try it out on the Floods.  I got an error with each the first time I did the refresh.  After the first refresh I no longer get the error.  Here is the error:  "​Serial Event Error (Poll Type 41) Subscript out of range"  Still doesn't find the floods at any rate.

• 8 months later...

I just got two new 50w Floods today --- and I am getting the same error in the Hardware Utility ... Serial Event Error (Poll Type 41) Subscript Out of Range ---- Has anybody figured out how to solve this one ?

Jim

Wow, almost a year ago since the last post of the same problem and you would have thought a fix would have been mentioned just for the curious minds if anything.

3 hours ago, jcheslin said:

I just got two new 50w Floods today --- and I am getting the same error in the Hardware Utility ... Serial Event Error (Poll Type 41) Subscript Out of Range ---- Has anybody figured out how to solve this one ?

Jim

is your hardware utility above 3.1.xxx ?

9 hours ago, jcheslin said:

Yes I'm on version 4.3.14 Pro

Might open Help Desk ticket. They'll jump on your problem quickly. 

From the LOR helpdesk ---- the best helpdesk anywhere

I think the Flood may have lost it's mind.  Reset the flood:

See some controller board images where to do the reset at http://www1.lightorama.com/controller-reset/

Power the flood off.  Remove rear cover by taking out the four screws.  The silicon gasket is glued to the flood head and should stay with it when the cover is removed.

Set DIP switch 12 to on and power up the flood. This will reset the flood controller and remove any standalone sequence. 

After resetting,  the flood will run a simple test program to show that  it is functioning properly.

Power down the flood and set DIP switch 12 to off.  Replace the rear cover making sure the gasket remains aligned to keep the electronics compartment weatherproof.  Replace the four screws.

Now run your tests again.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jcheslin said:

From the LOR helpdesk ---- the best helpdesk anywhere

I think the Flood may have lost it's mind.  Reset the flood:

See some controller board images where to do the reset at http://www1.lightorama.com/controller-reset/

Power the flood off.  Remove rear cover by taking out the four screws.  The silicon gasket is glued to the flood head and should stay with it when the cover is removed.

Set DIP switch 12 to on and power up the flood. This will reset the flood controller and remove any standalone sequence. 

After resetting,  the flood will run a simple test program to show that  it is functioning properly.

Power down the flood and set DIP switch 12 to off.  Replace the rear cover making sure the gasket remains aligned to keep the electronics compartment weatherproof.  Replace the four screws.

Now run your tests again.

Did it fix your floods?

• 4 months later...

Thanks  I was wondering if I should invest in these.    Another person on here had reported a fail which had me concerned.   Thanks for the update. 

• Like 1

• The topic was locked