Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie look for 16 channel Let it Go-Wizards in Winter-Star Wars anything!

Goldie1970

Merry Christmas from Speedway, Indiana, home of the Indy 500!

I got hooked watching you all here and on YouTube, ordered the 16 channel starter kit and it should be here tomorrow! I am intrigued with sequencing and can't wait to put my thoughts to music, but I'm sure that is for another day! My lights are already up, I'm hoping to plug and play Wednesday or Thursday night! (Get real, RIGHT!)

Looking for anything cool and trendy that I can use. I will have 8 trees across the front, my wreath on front of house split in two, and 6 sets of icicles (2 over 4). Not sure if any of that matters! Hoping to fiddle with system this year to get a grasp on it, then blow it out this summer for 100th Indy 500, Halloween and Christmas! Thanks all for the inspiration and any help you can provide!

I'm at Matt.golden@sbcglobal.net

Goldie... fix your e mail so it works for copy paste... Cant send you things when it comes back as wrong e mail address..

is there a   .    between matt golden    just wondering if it is matt(DOT)golden@sbcglobal.net as I tried to send to you but it came back with daemon mailer saying non deliverable.

E Mail Me so I can attach and send it back to you..

retired_old_sarge@yahoo.com

• 1 month later...

Hey gang!  Like Goldie I am new to the wonderful world of Light O Rama.  The last few years I have been using Mr Christmas to power my displays, but this year I am upgrading to LOR.  I too am starting off with a single 16channel controller and am looking for a few good sequences to start off with and learn my way around.  Any help would be awesome!  Thanks guys, and glad to be a part of this forum. :-)

1 hour ago, JRMorgenProd said:

Hey gang!  Like Goldie I am new to the wonderful world of Light O Rama.  The last few years I have been using Mr Christmas to power my displays, but this year I am upgrading to LOR.  I too am starting off with a single 16channel controller and am looking for a few good sequences to start off with and learn my way around.  Any help would be awesome!  Thanks guys, and glad to be a part of this forum. :-)

Welcome to the family! 

I hope you have an understanding wife...;)

I like you started with Mr. Christmas....and then I went to 16 channel LOR...then 32...this year I'm sporting 32  with 450 channels of RGB arches...If you've stepped in this deep you already have the CLAP...Christmas Light Addition Problem. I hate to be the one to tell you...there is no known cure......:huh:

I have a few 16 channel sequences still, most of mine are 32 now but it's easy to reduce them down, you can pick and choose what channels you want to keep.(if I were you I'd keep them all anyway, you'll need them soon enough)^_^ 

Your e-mail addy is something that would help tho.....:P

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kingfish said:

Do a google search of light o rama free sequences their is a vast supply

We are in sequence sharing aren't we? and it's his first post, maybe he wants to break the ice and try to find some help from fellow LOR users from an LOR group and not from some "disconnected" google search. Hummmm??? 

1 hour ago, Need more lights said:

Welcome to the family! 

I hope you have an understanding wife...;)

I like you started with Mr. Christmas....and then I went to 16 channel LOR...then 32...this year I'm sporting 32  with 450 channels of RGB arches...If you've stepped in this deep you already have the CLAP...Christmas Light Addition Problem. I hate to be the one to tell you...there is no known cure......:huh:

I have a few 16 channel sequences still, most of mine are 32 now but it's easy to reduce them down, you can pick and choose what channels you want to keep.(if I were you I'd keep them all anyway, you'll need them soon enough)^_^ 

Your e-mail addy is something that would help tho.....:P

Thanks Need More Lights!  Appreciate the warm welcome.

Email is jrmorgenfilms@hotmail.com

And yeah, I def have the bug.  Been wanting to upgrade for last two years, but timing wasnt right.  Thanks to my Christmas bonus, its finally time. :-D  As for the Mrs., she is DEF understanding.  She loves it.  She bought me a shirt that says "Lighting Engineer"  ;-)

• Like 1

As for 32 channel ones, yes, I am already building a collection for when I get more controllers.  Could even be this year, who knows. lol.

Kingfish, I have done several google searches, and came up with a few things, but not all were suitable for my layout.  Never hurts to try a fresh perspective. :-)

JR Morgan... you got mail.. lots of stuff in it for you to check out.

OxAx,, if you posted your e mail you would have some in your mail to play with it..

or e mail me so I can send you some..

retired_old_sarge@yahoo.com

Edited by Old Sarge