Light-O-Rama Forums

Feature request - Use of image in visualizer

HowardShank

I know there are symbols available, but I think a useful enhancement in the Visualizer and Pixel Editor would be to allow the import of a graphic image and to allow for the graphic to be faded in and out based on channel intensity. So in my case I have a life size dancing santa in my display. Instead of having to draw a "light" representation of him I'd like to add a fixture that is a graphic picture of a santa and let it use that in my preview.

Thanks

Howard

• Like 1

NO promises, but now that we have the Advanced Rendering Engine, that may become a reality.  To tell you the truth, I am so wiped out right now on help desk stuff that I am aching to do some real coding.  Unfortunately 16 hour days helping do not leave any time for much of anything else but sleep.

AGAIN!!!  DON'T hold me to that.  We have not even discussed 2016 development efforts in the team, so there could be something the boss wants that preempts this.  Since the boss signs the checks, well...  The boss gets what the boss wants! :)

As a fellow software developer/contractor I hear you! I'm so tired of 60 hour weeks lately... Hopefully the BOSS will want this feature as it will make some props so easy to visualize if people can go take a picture and import it as the prop.

Thanks!

Howard

Did I note that I'm a developer? <wink wink>

Looks like we are all developers on this thread.  Back end of this site is where I am now.    Mike   I hope you get a good vacation in January plus a summer sabbatical.    We will remind you of this later.    :)

• Like 1