Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights Firing Early - Only on Some Songs

Homuncio

I'm having an issue with some (about 8 out of 14) of my songs not syncing up correctly. The difficulty I'm having is that they appear to be synced up perfectly in LOR Visualizer. The lights seem to be firing off about 1-2 seconds too early compared to the music. I've gone through my mp3 files and verified they are at 128Kpbs and at a constant bit rate. It's confusing because almost 1/2 the songs run perfect, and I can't tell what is different about them compared to the ones that aren't working. Any advice you can give is appreciated!

My setup:

1 CTB16PCg3 Controller

4 LOR1602Wg3 Controllers

4 LOR CCR's

1 LOR CCB with controller

8 dumb RBG ribbons with CMB24D controller

1 ShowTime Central with miniDirector & FM Transmitter

I've had that issue, I use a timing of .05 and I experiment with cut and pasting the entire row one cell over from where it is, sometimes this corrects it, sometimes I've had to do this twice, but usually not more than 3 cells over from the initial turn on command.   So you might want to try that and see if it works for you.

So the more I look at this the more weird it gets... One of the songs in particular, it starts of just fine. The about  27 seconds into the song it gets out of sync and the further into the song it gets, the more out of sync it gets. Again, in Visualizer it looks perfect the entire way. 

Any other thoughts?

It has been reported that sometimes a second attempt at converting to CBR has been required to fix an audio file.

Google Mediainfo,  a useful program for telling what flavor of audio and video files you have.

Alternately try it with a .WAV file which is by definition CBR.

• 1 year later...

Sadly I never got this issue fully resolved last year. Hoping people might have some more advice on how to resolve or troubleshoot. I think I've pinned down when the issue started, which is in 2015 I added another 16 channel LOR controller to my setup. But I don't know why that would have thrown off the timing on SOME songs and not all of them. All of my songs had the new channels incorporated into them.

29 minutes ago, Homuncio said:

Sadly I never got this issue fully resolved last year. Hoping people might have some more advice on how to resolve or troubleshoot. I think I've pinned down when the issue started, which is in 2015 I added another 16 channel LOR controller to my setup. But I don't know why that would have thrown off the timing on SOME songs and not all of them. All of my songs had the new channels incorporated into them.

If all of this is on one network then bump the speed up and see if that helps.

Sounds to me like a "variable bit rate" problem. I haven't seen any one ask if you are converting your MP3's per the suguested method is Audacity?

If its been asked, well its now been asked again.

I have had users of my singing face sequences pm/ email me telling me the seuences were out of sync at the onset or later became out of sync. In every occasion it was due to not running their MP3 through audacity using the recommended settings which for singing faces is crucial.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

4 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Sounds to me like a "variable bit rate" problem. I haven't seen any one ask if you are converting your MP3's per the suguested method is Audacity?

If its been asked, well its now been asked again.

I have had users of my singing face sequences pm/ email me telling me the seuences were out of sync at the onset or later became out of sync. In every occasion it was due to not running their MP3 through audacity using the recommended settings which for singing faces is crucial.

JR

He already posted it in the original post.

Just now, Mr. P said:

He already posted it in the original post.

I am blind.

Op~ Do you have more than 1 copy of the song in the same folder? ie; wav and mp3 in same folder, different versions of song in same folder

Try splitting to a 2nd network?

Sorry I overlooked more than once your speed and bitrate.

JR

I had to increase network speed and put all my pixels on a different network. I am using a G3-MP3. LOR just released new firmware that allows 1,000K speed for Pixcon16 running from a G3-MP3.

Thanks for the replies.

Is splitting onto a separate network as simple as changing network from "Regular" on the channel settings to any of the "Aux" options within the sequence editor? How are you increasing network speed?

18 minutes ago, Homuncio said:

Is splitting onto a separate network as simple as changing network from "Regular" on the channel settings to any of the "Aux" options within the sequence editor? How are you increasing network speed?

That's the first part.  For whatever controllers that you will be moving to the new network, change the network.

Next is to define the new network in Network Configuration Preferences.  There you will assign it to a second Comm Port, set the speed and if it's enhanced or not.

• The topic was locked