Light-O-Rama Forums

Show scheduler does not repeat songs in a loop - Error message

ORANGEDOG

Same issue here.  Upgraded and now one new song and one untouched song from last year spit this error a lot.

Tonight the whole sequence ran through once.

Second time through the 2nd song gave "error starting sequence invalidplaystate..."

third time through 2nd song gave "error with sequence invalidplaystate...." while the 4th song gave "error starting sequence invalidplaystate..."

4th time both songs give "error with sequence invalidplaystate...." and this is occuring each time through now

Hello,

Several people have had this issue, and we're currently looking into it.  We don't yet know the root cause, but here's a workaround that seems to have helped everybody who has tried it:

Let's say you've got three sequences (A, B, and C) in the Musical section of your show.  The issue seems to start happening after the whole Musical section has been played through once.  So if your show is scheduled long enough that it should normally play through each sequence, say, four times, then change your Musical section so that it has four copies of each sequence.  That is, instead of a Musical section that goes:

A

B

C

Set up the show's Musical section to be:

A

B

C

A

B

C

A

B

C

A

B

C

I hope this helps.  If it does not, please email me directly (bob@lightorama.com).

Sorry for the issue, and thanks,

Bob

I have 12 songs that I set up like LightsinMaine and Bob suggested and made it long enough to cover the 4 hour show I do Sunday - Thursday and the 5 hour show Friday and Saturday.  That solution is working fine on my second night.  The first night I did get some Chinese characters that showed up in the LOR Status window.  Never took Chinese in college so could not tell you more than that.  Thank you LightsinMaine and Bob for thinking of this work around.

• Like 1

No issues for me ;-) scheduler works like it supposed to. I have no intensity files. Maybe that's where the issue is???

I am running am not having this issue on my show computer.. running 4.1.2 I think it was.  I ran it thru about 6 times with no issue, thank goodness. 

Too bad the Show Editor doesn't allow you to insert multiple sequences at a time.

I was able to add multiple sequences at a time with the show editor. When it got to the window to choose a sequence I could use the "shift" and/or "ctrl" keys to choose more than one sequence at a time. Thank goodness or it would have taken me forever to do it. Is that not working for you?

I'm having the same problem. First time ever having a problem with the show player. It happens with any number of sequences in the show. I've never used the pixel editor so that isn't the issue. Whatever it is, it should be more of a priority for LOR than it seems to be. The repair should have been released yesterday as far as I'm concerned.

I will check to see what is going on here. I have to believe that the solution is not a simple one or we would have release a fix by now. This time of year is very hectic at LOR. Besides what you see here, we handle 100s of phone calls a day as well as 100s of trouble tickets a day. Not an excuse but rather reality. I assure you that any issue with the show player will be given an extremely high priority. 

I will check to see what is going on here. I have to believe that the solution is not a simple one or we would have release a fix by now. This time of year is very hectic at LOR. Besides what you see here, we handle 100s of phone calls a day as well as 100s of trouble tickets a day. Not an excuse but rather reality. I assure you that any issue with the show player will be given an extremely high priority. 

I did check in on this and it is (and was) #1 on Bob's list. We have not been able to reproduce the issue at this point and recommend that the workaround of the "long" list be used until we can get a fix out. We hope to have a solution quickly. 

I am still not sure what the underlying cause of this is -- I haven't yet been able to reproduce the issue -- but we do have something that might (or might not) mitigate the symptoms (if it notices this "Invalid play state" happen, it will take steps to try to clear it out so that the sequence can be started again).

Anyone who is experiencing this problem, and is willing to try to help us out as a volunteer guinea pig, please email me at bob@lightorama.com.  In the email, please tell me:

(1) You're facing the "invalid play state" problem.

(2) You're willing to try an experimental version of software that may or may not help.

(3) The exact version number of software that you're using (for example, "4.2.10" or "4.3.2").

Thanks,

Bob

I'm not sure it is helpful, but I went live last night with no issues from the scheduler.  I have 6 music sequences.  I also have 7 interactive triggers that were not used.  I am running e1.31 and one LOR network via an ELL.  Total show is just short of 500m.   Running Windows 7pro

edit:  there were not two animated sequences.  I keep referring announcements as animated but they are music sequences.

Edited by plasmadrive

Thanks for your input Plasmadrive. I hope your info is helpful towards the fix for this problem.

I am experiencing the "invalid play state" problem with just one sequence.  The show continues but the one sequence gets skipped after the first run.

I am on version 4.2.6 Advanced.  My show computer is running Windows 10.

If it may be of help, this particular sequence is the only one in my 2015 show that was created using the Instant Sequence feature in Super Star with this version of Light-O-Rama.

I just created a test show on demand schedule with 3 sequences in it including the errant song.  The show ran fine through 3 iterations.  Very weird.

A bug fix release has been made (release announcement here) that hopefully addresses the "Invalid play state" issue and the "Chinese text" issue. 

IMPORTANT: This release is based on the current production code, which is version 4.2.  If you're currently using the beta (version 4.3), we recommend that you do NOT install this release.  Instead, please wait for the similar changes to be made in the beta 4.3 branch (we intend to make the corresponding beta 4.3 release fairly soon).  If you cannot wait, though, make sure that you uninstall 4.3 before installing 4.2.

Thank you Bob.  Issue has been fixed.  Hopefully it will work for the other people as well.

Thanks again for the quick turn around.

Mark