Light-O-Rama Forums

Card assembled package issues....

Spud Runner

Gah! I am assembling my CTB16PC. (card assembled) and I am frustrated because the strain relief doesn't line up with rubber grommets on the bottom of the box. I cannot feed the cables properly through to the board. I am thinking LOR has messed up and the card is mounted in the wrong enclosure. Here's what it looks like. Any ideas, because I swear there is not enough room in here for me to work. All my pig tails are hitting the metal side of the card and I cannot work around that. 

12304022_10153610635231294_5020221035275

Edited by Spud Runner

it looks like the wrong strain relief to me. now lor mighht have a new version of the part but that one does not look like the ones i have. the side for mounting seams to be narrow than mine might be an illusion and the grounding post seam to be in the wrong place. plus the power inlet does not seam to be centered. i would contact lor with a help ticket  . It just does not look right to me , did you send in a help ticket?

it also does seam to me a different enclosure i am baffled. 

Edited by kingfish

I got one from them this week and got this new updated box. I am not a fan of the strain relief mounting but the added room in the box is awesome as I can put mini director in there. If they change the strain relief it would be awesome

Actually, the box, plate and strain reliefs look correct.

However what doesn't look correct is the cable routing you have.

looking at the picture, from left right ..

The large hole on the left is the 8 channel cords for the left side of the board.

The next is for the two power cables

The third (Just the grommet) is for the cat-5 network cable(s)

The last is for the 8 channel cords on the right side of the board.

Unless I have missed some other issue (entirely possible...)

Bob

• Like 1

I agree with you Bob.

I too think it is the way he has his power wires and pigtails run.

The board and box and strain relief look fine to me.

The photograph in the "Addendum: CTB16PCg3 version 2 Plastic Box and internal cable clamp" shows the channel output cable insulation flush with the controller side of the cable clamps.  Hope this helps.

I first taped the wires together to keep them even and then fed them through. Once in the box/grip, Ipost-16652-0-76416400-1449212604_thumb.j slightly tightened the clamp and then I removed the tape. Here is a picture of my results. Not to need but it worked for me.