Light-O-Rama Forums

Use lor controller & dmx decoder with dmxis

Jermboy416

Hello,

First off I'm a newbie at this so I may be wrong about a lot of this. Here's what I'm trying to do.

I have the lor 16 channel residential controller with built in dmx and a dmx decoder for rgb light strips.

Here is the decoder : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Q1N1NVK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_LO0uwb15P560C

I want to control everything in one network using ableton and the dmxis plugin so I can use my Mac. Unfortunately I am getting no reading that I get a dmx input. Even when I try to use the lor program I can't control the rgb strips but the lor controller works. Here is how I have it set up:

Computer> usb out to rs485 adapter> rj-45 input on the lor controller> out the other rj-45 port on the lor controller to the dmx decoder. It only has inputs for the individual wires for data + data - and ground. I cut the end of the cable going into that and put the blue/white wire into data +, the blue wire into data - and orange wire to ground.

When I touch those wires to the rgb controller is does change to a different color on the strip with each touch but I can't actually control it with the programs.

Am I wiring this up incorrectly or am I missing a component. I think I need to get something like the idmx1000 or the holidaycoro actidongle (active dmx dongle).

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeremy

it can but I think you need a crossover cable from the rs485 to the first lor controller  the pins are wired different on the lor controllers  check on holiday coro website they sell a crossover cable and explain how to run lor in DMX

• The topic was locked