Light-O-Rama Forums

Please add Write to SD card from Show Editor

quintank

So, I have a u MP3g3 mini-director, which is great....but, I have to use either the Simple Show Builder or the HWU to write my sequences to the SD card.  Both of these applications are extremely weak for building a show.  Neither lets you save a show to come back and edit it later - you have to build a show from scratch each time.  Also, they don't let you add the same sequence multiple times, such as a voice-over announcement.  Why not let us use the Show Editor, as well, to write to the SD Card.  I feel like we are being punished for purchasing this extra hardware from you to run our show.  Time to update across the board.

Thanks.

Aaaarggghhhh...and now, as I come close to the season, I realize I can't run a Background sequence or concurrent Animation Sequences...wish I would have known this before I got the mini-director...now, it is basically useless to me...wasted money.

When I have clients who want background and/or concurrent animation with the directors, I just add to the sequences that are already running.

MP3 directors can not run background sequences/etc like a COMPUTER can.  Computers running a show have much more flexibility and many more options than running from a director, and so you'll never get the ability to write SD cards from the Schedule or Show editors.

You are correct however that there is no way to edit a show once it is placed on an SD card.  I'm currently working on that for a future release.

• 2 weeks later...

Arg.  I was hoping this wasn't true!  I just reprogrammed an entire show today and once it began running I discovered an error in the order - I was hoping I could just open and edit it - but it looks like I have to recreate the whole thing.  Arg!!!

I agree that you can't save a show from Hardware utility is a big pain. I just leave the hardware utility open with the show schedule until I am sure I am done. You can write multiple times. Also you can add a sequence multiple times to HU I use that feature for my Halloween sequences.

Editing an SD would have limited benefits unless it updated from the sequences from disk which the SD probably does not include a source path. A better option would be to save and name a show with all of the options including network settings from HU. Simple show builder lacks all of the network options needed for setting network speeds or enhanced protocol.

I vote for save a show including network and advanced settings from HU. It will need to update the show from the source not just write the exact same show again.

In MHO the show editor is a GREAT tool if you are running from a computer but it could use some tweaking.  Like maybe being able to run show #1 on Monday and Show #2 on Tuesday and so on since there is already a calendar function. I have the G3-MP3 Director and I have to change cards every day to change shows.... Dev Mike I am throwing rocks at you like George does..... You got a great product, and I am sure you are working on a ton of ways to make it even better.  But if we do not voice ideas you have no idea on what is a priority for the customer.  Keep up the wonderful job you are doing.