Light-O-Rama Forums

Easy Light Linkers to CCRs?

Paducks

Hello I am a newbie to this and have tried searching the forums. 

Has anyone used a easy light linker with a separate power source and run CCR ( I have 4 I would like to run) without connecting to a 16 channel controller?

I am trying to run my CCR wirelessly and would like to use the ELL but not sure I can?? Help and thanks!!!!

• 1 month later...

I am trying to get my up ccrs up and running with the new PE. I have everything working while hooked up using cat5 cable. But when I hook up my ELL the sequence editor an show player do not control he ccrs even with the control panel running. The hardware utility connects automatically. I have 3 V4s and one V5 ELLs. I have tried them all I have updated all their firmware, set them all to 115K and then all back to 57K made sure they were all on the same freq. I am running on an enhanced network. Anyone have an idea?

I do not know if the PE will command directly to the controllers. But the hardware utility can. The first ELL connects to a "powered" USB adapter the US485B from the computer. Only this one will work. The rest get their power from the controllers. If you were able to update via the HWU, then I'll assume you have the US485B adapter. Each must be at the same speed as you mentioned and each on the same channel. Connect just one pair...one from the computer and another on a controller. Nothing connected between them. Using the HWU, refresh the list of controllers and it should find the one you have connected. Now if it does not, then check to insure you have the proper comm port selected or tell it to find it.

The HWU sees  and controls the CCR controllers just fine. All settings match, ie channel 16 and either 56k or 115k speed. Only two ELLs from the US485B. Yet the Pixel Editor, Sequence editor, nor the show player will run the CCRs. If I change nothing, in the settings, and replace the ELLs with RJ45 cable all three programs work great and the ccrs dance like they should.

Two ELL's from one US485B? Should only be one on the 485B...the transmitter ELL. The receiver should be on the first controller. When they are connected like this, launch the HWU. Do a refresh. Look inside of the first controller and see if the small green light is blinking or on steady. If still blinking, open the bottom of the ELL on both and insure that the small red leds are flashing and doing their own little things then post your findings here. You might consider putting your general location onto your screen name so if anyone close by you, might be able to offer assistance.

What version of software are you using?

Edited by dgrant