Light-O-Rama Forums

My lights are not coming on with my sequence anymore. Please help!

MattCo

I'm having trouble with my Christmas lights not coming after I purchased a sequence from LOR. Everything was working fine, I was halfway finished with a sequence I was working on and all my lights worked. Tonight I bought a modifiable sequence thru LOR. I downloaded it and opened it up in my sequence editor. I tried playing it to see how my lights looked and none of them come on. Also, the sequence I was working on that played before, does not make the lights come on. I can only turn the lights on by going into the controll panel software, and manually turn them on. I have a 16 channel LOR controll box. I also made sure that under the play tab "controll lights" is checked. Still nothing. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Good one Jim, the old import channel config step.  If his old one is not working either I went with the controller issue first.

Edited by shfr26

I had the same problem a few days ago, floods worked fine on halloween but nothing worked when I tried to use the floods 2 weeks later. When checkign with the HU it seen all the controllers it needed to see for them to work. I had to re-assign the com ports to fix the problem.

Yes the contoller is recognized. I even tried unplugging the USB adapter from my computer, plugged it back in and hit auto configure. It found it on Comm3 and I hit refresh and it searches network and finds the controller. From there I can manually test the lights by clicking "all on" and all my lights and channels light up. When I open the sequence editor, and open the file I want to play, I make sure "control lights" is checked and then I hit "play sequence " but none of the lights come on. I am very new to this. The song I bought has 48 channels, but I only have 16. So I deleted the other 32 channels that weren't being used on my system. Could that be the problem? i made sure not to delete the controller one configuration that the song came with. Thanks for everyone's replies!

Dang!   Check "control lights" again or maybe just do a restart computer.   Any new updates on your computer since it worked correctly?  Also, double check your channel config to make sure it is correct on all sequences.

If none of this works, P.M. me your phone number and  when you are able to spent some time on the phone, I will see if I can help you .  Best I can do, good luck.

I had the same problem a few days ago, floods worked fine on halloween but nothing worked when I tried to use the floods 2 weeks later. When checkign with the HU it seen all the controllers it needed to see for them to work. I had to re-assign the com ports to fix the problem.

Same thing here. I am to understand that in windows 8 and above the comm port will reassign when not in use for a period of time.

Did you close your hardware utility after testing?

After speaking to MattCo I think Rayburn is correct.

Too bad you neighbor wont help :P

try these tips that were given to you tonight and if it don't work I will come over and make it worse - I mean better.

And welcome to the forum - there are really neat people on here, you've already met some.

They work! The problem was I had the LOR control panel software running while I was trying to play the sequence. Did not know you couldn't have them both running at the same time. Thank you all for the help.

For anyone reading this, I think you meant to say hardware utility was running. You stopped the hardware utility program.

You have to have the control panel running to control the lights.....

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a newb too.  Have them all strung up in the living room trying to make sure they work before putting them on the tree. It's a Mega tree.  

I've checked & all them light up individually with the hardware program.  Run the sequence in sequence editor & I've got nothing. Tried  everything in the previous replies.  Anyone have some help for another newb?

Thanks!

@ foto....Check to make sure the adapter is assign to the correct comm port in Network Pref. Verify the "Control Lights" is checked. If so, play and while playing check to see if it unchecked. I've seen that happen a few times.

Edited by CLD Kevin