Light-O-Rama Forums

CHECK HD NOW

Robin

Just received a call from one of my inside guys at HD. He calls me when ever something is about to break.

This time it was not about his store but a store about 10 miles north. Seems as though a lot of the HD will use one store to "dump" their excess goods and her's is the one. The is getting 19 pallets in tonight. Right now she has over 100 artifical Christmas trees and everything is 75% off and no one is buying.

The reason for this post is to say you might want to ask around and see if your local store has a "dump store" like this one. It is less than two years old so that might be a factor. Also they are using the old tool rental room right now.

I also noticed this type of activity with Lowes. We have a couple stores in the area and they shipped 90% of the Christmas gear from one store to the other. PLUS, I noticed WAY more stuff at this "dump" store a few days later(not sure where this stuff was from). I ended up with about 21,000 lights from them at 75% off. :D

Went there to day and got six case of reds $0.45 a box and 68 boxes of C7 lights at $1.25 box. Was able to get them to knock another dime off the price of each.
Also, got a ton of C7 bubls for five cents a piece. That is cheaper than when I buy them at Action.

They have a ton of stuff but I am now well stocked and have what I want for next year. It is going to be one bright show next year.