Light-O-Rama Forums

License and number of 'seats' allowed.

mike55423

A question about number of seats (computers) one can use a single LOR software license on. If you load it on five computers but then one computer goes bad do you ever get that 'seat' back? Does it just count how many it was installed on and doesnt care about how many 'seats' are active? If i want to install LOR on another computer do i have buy a whole new license equal to the one i have and then end up with four extra 'seats'? Thanks for any clarification.

Edited by mike55423

You never get seats back.

However in the future if you ever 'run out' of seats, open a help desk ticket.  We can review your installation history and grant more.  

Seats never migrate or get given back. They stay with the machine forever even after it dies.
Just submit a helpdesk ticket and request a new one.
I had an issue with Win 10 update which caused a reinstall to fail and exceeded my 5 seats. A help desk ticket and 10 minutes later the seat was reset and the seat activated.  This was not the first time either.

Too slow....... never mind

Edited by PhilMassey

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, I have over 4 computers with LOR software on it all had HD failures, those seats were long gone, got a few new systems, a help ticket to LOR and all was right with the LOR world on my computers once more.

Best Support in the Universe comes from the LOR folks!