Light-O-Rama Forums

Show burps and some weird stuff pops up

CLD Kevin

Unfortunately it happen to us again at the 5:15hr marker.

I just want to be explicit here, because there are multiple different things that different people are talking about, so I don't want anybody to be dissuaded from trying the new version because "it" happened.  So, correct me if I wrong, but I believe this is what you mean:

(1) You have never had a problem with the "Invalid Play State (3)" thing, and you're not talking about that at all.

(2) You did have a problem with Chinese text appearing.  Chinese text no longer appears.

(3) You had a problem that seemed to be associated with the Chinese text, where the show would freeze for some amount of time when the Chinese text appeared.  This still happens, despite the fact that there's no longer any Chinese text.

I will take a look at your email and respond.

Wait, upon rereading what you said: When you said "it" happened, you mean that the log was erased? NOT that the show hung? If so, yes, the log erasing (eventually) is intentional.  In prior versions we would get rid of the first half of the log (when the log reached a certain length).  This seems to have been causing the "Chinese text" problem.  So we now get rid of the entire log instead of the first half (when the log reaches that certain length), which prevents the "Chinese text" problem.

We intend to try to figure why getting rid of the oldest half of the log would cause the Chinese text problem, and if we are able to figure it out resolve it at that level so that we can go back to retaining half of the log.  But for the time being, all we know is that keeping half the log causes the Chinese text problem (at least in some cases), and rolling over the log entirely does not.

So the summary is: The log rolling over is NOT something to be concerned with.  Obviously it's something that we would like to improve upon, but it's completely intentional, and it seems to prevent the "Chinese text" problem.

Unfortunately it happen to us again at the 5:15hr marker.

I just want to be explicit here, because there are multiple different things that different people are talking about, so I don't want anybody to be dissuaded from trying the new version because "it" happened.  So, correct me if I wrong, but I believe this is what you mean:

(1) You have never had a problem with the "Invalid Play State (3)" thing, and you're not talking about that at all.

(2) You did have a problem with Chinese text appearing.  Chinese text no longer appears.

(3) You had a problem that seemed to be associated with the Chinese text, where the show would freeze for some amount of time when the Chinese text appeared.  This still happens, despite the fact that there's no longer any Chinese text.

I will take a look at your email and respond.

You are correct. I never had the "invalid play state".

Just the Chinese text and then the show would hang for 20secs or so....whip that log and then continue right where it left off. It always happen between songs and never the same song, but what was common was the time frame. Alway happen +/- 15mins at the 5hr run time marker.

However after the Chinese text happen, other problems did occur like error readings compressed files or error media files and would skip those songs. But that would only happen after the Chinese text would appear.

Now, with the modified files I downloaded this morning, no Chinese text appears. The log was whip at 5:15hr of running. Because we were not standing there when it happen, we don't know exactly what transpired. Did the log just whip but continue playing with no hang? Did it do it in the middle of a song? We don't know. So we are going to run again but this time have someone there.

I have never had the error but get the Chinese writing.   I updated to 4.2.12 and it seams to work great.  About 4hours 30 minutes I went into the status to see how everything is going.   Now it goes back to for the past half hour.  Before I could see the entire status of the night.   Does it refresh at some point now.  

Edited by friskybri

I have never had the error but get the Chinese writing.   I updated to 4.2.12 and it seams to work great.  About 4hours 30 minutes I went into the status to see how everything is going.   Now it goes back to for the past half hour.  Before I could see the entire status of the night.   Does it refresh at some point now.  

Yes, every so often the old log messages will get erased from the log.

We will work on getting it back to the old way (or hopefully better), but for the time being this change was necessary to prevent the "Chinese text" problem from seriously affecting people's shows.

Bob, I assume you are still trying to find the initial cause of the problem and your temp fix is to get everyone's shows to run smoothly.  thx

Bob, I assume you are still trying to find the initial cause of the problem and your temp fix is to get everyone's shows to run smoothly.  thx

That's correct.

I'm happy to report that the my issue....or my clients issue has been resolved. The modified files Bob sent me with the Monitor Manger is working. The log is erased around 5hrs running but no hang and no Chinese text. The new 4.2.12 will fix this.

This is my understand and Bob can correct me if I'm wrong....The Monitor Memory file is something extra we need due to large file size. Its to help with decaching.

I have updated to ver 4.2.12.  I am having unexplained issues that are becoming serious.  The display I do is a city display and it is not manned so to speak like a display at someone's home.  I live 18 miles away.  I do have remote access to the computer and can  watch via live stream.  http://cityofcharlestown.com .  Follow the links if you're interested.  For some reason I'm unable to paste the full address. 

My problem. Tonight I was watching and for the first hour all was well.  As a mater of fact I was very pleased with what I saw.  The show was running fine.  I use 2 DIO32 boards with DIO16IOD daughter boards.  These controllers are used to control 40, 10amp solid state relays.  These relays are used to power the heaters for 6 smoke machines.  I also use the boards to control the smoke machine controls which is nothing more than a 110 volt mechanical relay.  Basically these controls are used for things that I do not wish to be powered through a triac.  I'm needing good clean power.  Tonight both boards locked up.  I mean it was like a computer crash when nothing works.  When they crashed my smoke machines were on and blowing smoke.  I unloaded LOR.  Every controller did turn off, so these boards recognized that they were not on the LOR network.  When I restarted the show these boards would not respond.  I shut down the show a second time and restarted.  Still nothing.  I let the show run and on the 3rd sequence they started to recover.  It's weird because only the 2nd half of one boards would work, channels 17 thru 32.  I have a light board so I can monitor the relay outputs so I could clearly see that only half the board was working.  After a little bit the first half started to work.  Now as I type this these boards are working just fine.   WHY?  These 2 controllers and 3 old 8 channel controllers are all that's on this network.

I notice at times with the AC controllers that glitches will happen at times.  Lights will turn on when they are not supposed to.  Usually when this happens they reset and turn off when the next sequence loads. 

I am running 4 LOR networks and 1 E1.31 network.  The E1.31 network never acts up.  I have checked every connection, every controller, every cable, everything I can think of that would make noise in the network.  I'm at a loss with these glitches.  Is it software?

I meant to mention, according to the log.  This problem occurred when the show recycled to the beginning.    Error was: Comm Listener error / 10053: Connection is aborted due to timeout or other failure.

????

Edited by mark obermiller

Okay, I see on the facebook page and this forum the issues regarding the weird Chinese characters, I am now having the same problems.  I run my shows with a media file correlating to a video file and I seem to lose audio with the video during the show at random times.  I am running LOR 4.2.6 I am hesitant to load the 4.2.12 during this time of year unless I know this is going to fix the problems.  I have trusted LOR in the past, but my trust is beginning to decline.

Thanks,

Mike

Okay, I see on the facebook page and this forum the issues regarding the weird Chinese characters, I am now having the same problems.  I run my shows with a media file correlating to a video file and I seem to lose audio with the video during the show at random times.  I am running LOR 4.2.6 I am hesitant to load the 4.2.12 during this time of year unless I know this is going to fix the problems.  I have trusted LOR in the past, but my trust is beginning to decline.

Thanks,

Mike

If you stay on 4.2.6 the error will re-occur.  If you move up to 4.2.12 the error should go away.  We can't force you to upgrade, but we have fixed the issue.  

I can trust that you will continue to get the error on 4.2.6.  Isn't this the 'Doc it hurts when I do this' problem? :)

If you stay on 4.2.6 the error will re-occur.  If you move up to 4.2.12 the error should go away.  We can't force you to upgrade, but we have fixed the issue.  

I can trust that you will continue to get the error on 4.2.6.  Isn't this the 'Doc it hurts when I do this' problem? :)

Will upgrade today, hope it doesn't hurt too much.  Thanks for the quick response, you are definitely an asset for LOR.   :D

There have been changes in 4.2.6-4.2.10 but nothing that I remember would impact a running show.  You can always check out the what's new to see what changed.

Also remember that this issue actually goes all the way back to 3.12 and has just showed itself. 3.12.0,3.12.2, and all 4.x.x versions (except the newest ones) would have the same issue.  In this case staying on a older version may actually hurt more than an upgrade to a newer.