Light-O-Rama Forums

"Uptown Funk" Sequence for 12 CCRs

BrianBruderer

By popular request, I just finished a 12 CCR sequence for "Uptown Funk" by Mark Ronson, featuring Bruno Mars. Frankly it is not a song I would have chosen to sequence to because it is not a Christmas song, but I had a lot of requests for it and I aim to serve, so here it is.

https://youtu.be/GDbgiIZmUnE

It was a fun song to do. The dancing animations look even better on the real lights than they do on the computer.

• Like 1

Yes, I will be making a 16 CCR version as well. The 16 CCR version will be in the same installer with the 12 CCR version. The goal is to have them both available for purchase by tonight.

Hi Brian,

Nice work!  I have a question about this sequence.  I opened it in SS and checked the ribbon layout to make sure it was set to 12 CCR's and controller on the bottom.  If I play the sequence in either SS or the SE it appears the sequence is skewed to the right instead of being centered.  Have I missed something in my setup?

how about an odd number CCR...like 15? 

Sorry...but at the 3:42 minute mark, Santa Claus starts shooting things out of his crotch...  lol

Edited by jimswinder

In reply to avionics12's question about the sequence being skewed to the right, realize that you get a 12 CCR sequence and a 16 CCR sequence. I think you opened the 16 CCR version and changed the layout to 12 CCRs and that made it be off center. Open the file that says "UptownFunk_12CCRs_archive.sup" and it should be centered within the 12 CCRs.

As for jimswinder's comment about Santa's crotch, in the sequence there are places where Santa is dancing and there are lines of coming down in the background that are supposed to be like confetti coming down. Some of them happen to come down from his crotch. That was not intentional.

Oh I HATE it when I do that!  You were right Brian, I had used the 16 CCR file.  All is good now.  Thanks for the speedy reply.

• 4 weeks later...

For the sequences where you purchase both the 12CCR version and the 16CCR version at the same time, I am in the process of splitting them up so that you purchase the 12CCR and 16CCR version separately. So I started doing that and deleted the combined version, but currently the website is not allowing me to add sequences so I have not been able to add the 12CCR and 16CCR version. I also tried adding the original one back in and that fails also.

I hope to have this resolved by the end of the day, hopefully within a few hours.