Light-O-Rama Forums

"WOW Lights" sequence modification

crazyred

Like many of you (I think), I pretty much mastered the "typical" LOR sequence software over the years. I felt pretty proficient/comfortable with programming and changing things around to my liking. THEN, I jumped into Pixels and now feel lots of frustration.

I purchased a WOW Lights sequence and opened it in SE. I copied then pasted the RGB pixel portion into PE, which makes the information a "movie" for the selected prop. Not even sure that is the correct way to do this. So the problem is I cannot modify the information to the specific effect I want since the pasted information is one long effect. 

Suggestions???

As an added note, any idea why LOR does not have sequences to purchase with RGB pixel effects??? Seems odd to me they sell the software and equipment needed but do not have the sequences. Or am I just so frustrated i missed them???

The movie effect that gets created after you use the PE Migration Tool spans the entire sequence; but you can select cells of that effect, right-click, select Modify from the pop-up menu, and select a new effect for those cells using the Effect Generator. This will not have any affect on the rest of the movie effect.

There is nothing preventing users from sharing Pixel Editor sequences. In fact, this should work well because PE effects scale. So copying effects from one person's matrix or tree to your own should work well even if they are different sizes. The Pixel Editor is new, so this hasn't happened yet, but it will. The same comment goes for selling sequences.

Matt

• Like 1

Like many of you (I think), I pretty much mastered the "typical" LOR sequence software over the years. I felt pretty proficient/comfortable with programming and changing things around to my liking. .THEN, I jumped into Pixels and now feel lots of frustration

I purchased a WOW Lights sequence and opened it in SE. I copied then pasted the RGB pixel portion into PE, which makes the information a "movie" for the selected prop. Not even sure that is the correct way to do this. So the problem is I cannot modify the information to the specific effect I want since the pasted information is one long effect. 

Suggestions???

"As an added note, any idea why LOR does not have sequences to purchase with RGB pixel effects??? Seems odd to me they sell the software and equipment needed but do not have the sequences. Or am I just so frustrated i missed them???"

"THEN, I jumped into Pixels and now feel lots of frustration"

Sorry, no suggestions I'm just posting this to let you know I feel your frustration .........All my pixels, controllers, hardware, have been completed for months ready to go BUT I have NO ready sequences for the pixel tree,

I'm beginning to think pixels aren't ment for the mentally challenged  people like me :-) and here I am with 20+ days till light up  surfin the LOR Forum 

instead of having my nose stuck in SS or PE getting something accomplished. 

I guess my tree will look pretty stupid standing there not lit up when the other lights go on  (Guess I could say a have a blown fuse or something)

"As an added note, any idea why LOR does not have sequences to purchase with RGB pixel effects??? Seems odd to me they sell the software and equipment needed but do not have the sequences. Or am I just so frustrated i missed them???"

I think LOR doesn't offer pixel sequences is because all there Help Desk People would all quit having to answer questions from us as to why there sequences aren't playing correctly in addition to all the questions they get from us about their hardware.

So don't get too frustrated over pixels........Remember your 1st attempt in SE?  I know I thought I'll never understand this stuff ! (and I probably still don't) ;-)

• Like 1

Should be easy to create pixel effect for different song on each prop. Once I get a small piece I can create a whole sequence in a short period of time. It may not be perfect but it will look good to those watching it.

• Like 1