Light-O-Rama Forums

Just another day on the Help Desk

LOR Staff

Apparently DM's point is that he and everyone on the helpdesk, feel that helpdesk customers are complete morans.

Objection: Drawing conclusions about those, including myself, who help on the help desk.

No further comment.

The guy in the video is an engineer and does these videos for a laugh and to entertain. The world needs more people like him. I love his humor.

Here is his about page on  Electroboom http://www.electroboom.com/?page_id=22

Here is his youtube page, some funny videos there. https://www.youtube.com/user/msadaghd

I hadn't seen this compilation of his electrical fails. I'm still laughing thinking about it.

Yeah, that... that is how you perceive us (the customer) as logging a support ticket?

Drew

Yeah, about that ...

Now, that is funny!

Here's someone who liked it. 

I completely disagree. A help desk ticket would be totally out of line to cut up on. But I appreciate the human side to people sharing things like this. If you can't laugh with others, or even at yourself, then you're missing out on some of life's greatest moments.

I laughed my face off & am glad DevMike shared it. Even with the dig at us morons.

And someone else. Even glad Mike shared it. 

No, I don't actually think EVERYONE who comes to the help desk is like that guy.  There really have only been a few -- about the same number as people who don't get the joke.

FYI:  The guy in the video actually DOES know what he is doing - he's an electrical engineer if I remember correctly.  The videos while shockingly (pun intended) authentic looking, are done safely (and explicitly to BE funny).

Oh! He was joking, see?

Put the pitchforks down and laugh a little.

Unbelievable.

Sorry Charlie.  I say a lot of things that get me in trouble, but the consensus here is that this is so obviously a joke that only those offended are the ones who are looking to be offended.  

I'm sorry you are offended.  If you go ahead and open a help desk ticket or PM me your eMail I will be sure to note on your account that you are not 'one of those people'.  That way we'll know, should you need to open a help desk ticket in the future, that you are not like the person in this video.

I thought that was DevMike on the video until I read more posts...

I was laughing so hard i almost wet my pants...... hahahaha

don't laugh so hard you spill your coffee, it wets your pants....... 

I just love the way some people have no sense of humor and take everything so seriously.     I believe certain people need to take a step back and look at themselves and those around them.  And stop taking yourself and life so seriously....... you are not that important or that perfect regardless of who you think you may be impressing. 

As hilarious as that video DM shared with us is, the sad reality is there are truly morons out there that really do that stuff!   

I worked in the electrical/electronics industry for many, many years, and just about everything in that guys video I've seen folks do!   And sometimes it didn't end as well as it did in Electrobooms video!

But like some say, reality is sometimes hilarious to the point it kills you.

• 1 month later...
  • The topic was locked