Light-O-Rama Forums

When one goes out, half the strand goes out.

Archer

As many of you know, I am a mini incan., 100 CT light strand enthusiast. When a single bulb burns out half the strand goes dark (not the whole strand as the old wives tale leads us to believe). Let's hear some of the ways you find that single bulb that caused the outage. I know, convert to LED but we won't get into that here. I'm sure there are several ways and I'll give you mine later.

When I used those lights I had a tool that you would stick in one of the sockets and click several times and hopefully the lights would come on. With the lights on then you look for the burnt out bulbs and change them. My second method included the use of the TV. First turn on your favorite program second sit on the floor in front of the TV with an extension cord and a pile of Christmas lights. Start at one end pull each light individually and test. My third and final effort required the use of the car keys. Step 1 in frustration throw the damn lights in the trash step 2 find the wallet and car keys make trip to local big box store. Step 3 udder under your breath you better work as you plug them in after you spend an hour putting them up. Step 4 back and front of the TV with a drink wondering why it took 4 hours for one string of lights

Back in the stone ages, when incans ruled, I perfected the ole finger flicking each lamp method.

Usually by the 3rd or 4th time I flicked each and every bulb, wha-la - back in business.

I use the GREENLEE GT-16 Adjustable Voltage Detector. Touch the side of the bulbs until you find the one that the detector does not respond and it is the one that is burned out....pretty simple.

Back in the stone ages, when incans ruled, I perfected the ole finger flicking each lamp method.

Usually by the 3rd or 4th time I flicked each and every bulb, wha-la - back in business.

I found that method works on a few things. Like when I sneak up on the kids when I find them playing instead of cleaning their rooms. But the lights never give me dirty looks. I've tried the same method on the fish tank but no luck there. Sometimes when they're dead they're dead.

I found that method works on a few things. Like when I sneak up on the kids when I find them playing instead of cleaning their rooms. But the lights never give me dirty looks. I've tried the same method on the fish tank but no luck there. Sometimes when they're dead they're dead.

You lost me. You finger-flick your fish (try saying that quick) for not cleaning their rooms? Geez - give fish their own rooms and you think they'd be grateful and keep them clean. Or maybe it doesn't work because the fish are harder to sneak up on than the kids? Try using a different finger. Perhaps you're finger-flicking with a bit too much gusto and that's what is killing the fish? When they're dead but not dead, what are they - zombie fish? I'm so confused ...

Edited by George Simmons

You lost me. You finger-flick your fish (try saying that quick) for not cleaning their rooms? Geez - give fish their own rooms and you think they'd be grateful and keep them clean. Or maybe it doesn't work because the fish are harder to sneak up on than the kids? Try using a different finger. Perhaps you're finger-flicking with a bit too much gusto and that's what is killing the fish? When they're dead but not dead, what are they - zombie fish? I'm so confused ...

Here once again George you did it.

Trying to eat my Cheerios before church and I end up blowing them everywhere. Those little rings can hurt when traveling through nasal cavities that fast.

Lightkeeper Pro became my best friend last year.  That thing is amazing and saved me having to replace several of our 10-year-old indoor decorations that decided they didn't want to work anymore.  A couple zaps of the Lightkeeper Pro and voila - up and working again!  On to the next 10 years with them!

• The topic was locked