Light-O-Rama Forums

Sorry But were not getting into this again like we did a few years ago

TitusCarnathan

There was nothing wrong with The original post in the thread "Lets not forget to keep Christ in Christmas."

I'm so sick and tired of fellow Christians being bashed around like this.This threat of being banned for posting Christian post on a forum for a company that makes a product that is used durring a Christian holiday, just made my blood boil. If you want to ban me go ahead I've been a customer with you since 2008 I've purchased quite a bit from you over those years with plans to contine doing business with you in the years to come. I can't belive it got to this point again. I guess my signature is offensive as well.

And to the person that got "offended" in that thread no one was forcing anything on you, nobody reached through your computer screen and pulled you by the hair to that thread. You came in there on your own free will just to stir the pot, the devil is playing you like a fiddle because if he wasn't you wouldn't have had the urge to come in and stir the pot.

Matt 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Like I said if you want to ban go ahead or if you want to throw me in timeout fine as well. I'll be awaiting your decision, because as a Christian I can't do business with a company that will ban someone over a post like that. Because With out Christ there wouldn't be Christmas. The only post in that thread that caused the problem was "mr pusing beliefs on me" there was no need to lock the thread and threaten to ban anyone.

This post is being copied and saved for future reference as well as the other post.

As I said in the other thread: 

For a number of years we have had a policy in place were we try to keep the forum discussions focused on using LOR software and hardware. Topics such as politics and religion are extremely emotional to people and lead to a degree of volatility that we do not want here in the LOR forums.

Because we have seen such threads quickly escalate with horrible and embarrassing posts, the moderators react quickly to stop things. To some it may seem that the reaction is unwarranted but over the years this has happened so many times that we try to react quickly.

Personally I would like to have more open discussions on off topics but unfortunately it just doesn’t work and this forum is not really the place for it anyway.

To those who have written me to let me know that LOR is a horrible company, anti-Christmas, does not support freedom of speech and freedom of religion, etc… I can only say none of that is true and I am sorry if you feel that way. 

------------

But in particular to this thread... No one is being banned due to this. As you mentioned, everything was okay with the thread until it wasn't okay and things turned... As you know such topics can get very emotional and we just shut them down. Regardless of any personal feelings about the topic, we need to keep the forums focused and try to keep things civil. 

Dan