Light-O-Rama Forums

So you want blinder spotlights and don't know how to do it?

Bizywk

We watched Kevin's videos (CLD) a few years ago and loved the blinding spots he used to add dramatic effect. Blinder spots aim a strong beam of light right at your viewers for just a moment a key parts of a song for emphasis.  For our display, we use 8 blinding spots which go up and come down quickly without any fuss or lasting damage in the form of holes in the house. 

We simply bought outside water resistant electrical boxes, flood light adapters and SP-2 zip cord (Home improvement store).     Screw the flood light adapters into the boxes and ensure all the holes except the bottom one are sealed with the threaded caps.   Screw in the flood light adapter and wire the light correctly using the zip wire.  SAFETY FIRST - Be SURE you did it correctly and that the box doesn't leak.  Water and electricity don't play well. If you're not sure, hire someone qualified.

For annual installation of the light on your house, use a smaller wire tie permanently around the neck of the flood light adapter, then take a much longer wire tie (Walmart) and run it around your gutter ensuring that you go through the smaller wire tie in the front and pull tight.  The small wire tie ensures the big one doesn't slip off the box in high winds.   Connect the zip wire to your controller channel, add a light bulb and you're done. 

For removal, just snip the larger wire tie only and box up the light for next year.   (Photo). 

Have a safe installation! 

post-12367-0-90857700-1444543166_thumb.j

Very clever.

Do you think that LED flood lights would work? I have looked for a light bulb like this online but cannot find one. I have seen them in people's front gardens though.

Yes, screw in LED floods are available now.

Just be careful selecting the correct ones.

In the incandescent world, we all knew that PAR lamps could be used outside and they would dim too.

NOT THE CASE WITH LED LAMPS.

Read the package. Some PARs are inside only. Some dim, some don't.

Yes, screw in LED floods are available now.

Just be careful selecting the correct ones.

In the incandescent world, we all knew that PAR lamps could be used outside and they would dim too.

NOT THE CASE WITH LED LAMPS.

Read the package. Some PARs are inside only. Some dim, some don't.

Oh!!! I was searching for the wrong thing. I never knew that PAR lamps were waterproof though. Are all PAR cans waterproof?

I know plenty of places to get PAR 56 and 64 1kw and 500watt lamps.

Oh!!! I was searching for the wrong thing. I never knew that PAR lamps were waterproof though. Are all PAR cans waterproof?

I know plenty of places to get PAR 56 and 64 1kw and 500watt lamps.

No, I guess I was mis-leading a little. The PARs you are referring to in the professional lighting world are not outdoor use. I sell electrical supplies and sometimes don't OCD enough to consider other industries.

So revised : READ THE PACKAGE ON EVERYTHING YOU BUY...

Sorry

& if you aimed a 500 watt or a 1k at my car, I'd never come back or recommend your house to someone else.. Just saying...

Can you even get a 1000w bulb for home use?    What a great two-fer for the guests.     A show and a tan.  

• The topic was locked