Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel tree effects in SE not showing in PE Visualizer

Robert Burton

Last year I used BobO's vegomatic to setup the channels then used xlLights to sequence my pixel tree . I copied the .lcb and pasted it into SE which worked fine. No. I could not see the tree in the SE visualizer when I did those effects. When I treated the tree like "Dumb Strips" it would show up fine. But the individual pixel stuff it would not show.

Now when in PE, nothing shows from this tree. Channels have not changed from SE to PE. I can do something from scratch in PE and it shows fine on the pixel tree. However even the "Dumb Strip Stuff" I did in SE does not show in PE.

??????

I think I found the problem. I literally have to have TWO of the same prop in the Vis.  *I Think* that has fixed it?  Will have more time when I get home from work to look at it. I do know that the PE is crashing on one of last year's sequence I tried to open. Small timing marks were required and fast stuff on the pixel tree. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

Now that I think about it, how is the pixel tree setup in Vis for PE?  I have each string broken down into individual bulbs. Then I have all of those grouped by strings. If I wanted to use the OLD prop I created in S3, could I break down the groups or ungroup everything?  Would it then play in PE Vis.?  I just would like to see the old pixel sequence in PE before adding to it. In the old S3 Vis I just had to trust xlights for the sections I did over there in that program... and then what I did in S3 (like "Dumb Strip Style" showed up fine.

Hopefully this makes sense.

If you have pixel-based props, I would recommend creating them directly in the Pixel Editor preview rather than importing them from a Visualizer file. They don't take long to create. Just make sure you have the channel information set correctly as the Pixel Editor will use this when it reads your Sequence Editor sequences.

Matt

I did find one of my issues Matt (your right, channel count not correct in PE Vis.), however I still want to be able to transfer what I have done for the pixel tree from previous year and combine it with the new stuff for this year.  Also, I just spent this past week (after loosing the file) working on a Papagayo file in xLights. I would love to put in PE and go. It looks like though I will have to create a .lcb file in xLights, move it to the old pixel tree channels in SE... and go from there?

I you choose Help > Contents from the Pixel Editor menu. Under the Pixel Editor > Menu Bar > Sequence Menu > Migration Tools > Import from Sequence Editor and Remove Prop Channel Data topics, there are detailed instructions for using the migration tool to move your sequences for pixel-based props from SE to PE.

Matt

post-2660-0-59999500-1444420014_thumb.pn