Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequencing Dumb-RGB Strands Incredibly Slow - Am I Doing It Wrong?

Rapajez

So far I've watched a few videos, setup my 8-dumb-RGB channels in the Sequence Editor, and done a lot of Googling, but I've yet to find a good answer.

I've spent about an hour going through the first 10 second of an existing sequence. I know how to bring up the color fade tool, but is that really the only way to assign colors? It seems very inefficient that I need 10 clicks to make a channel "orange".

Are there shortcuts or any other tips/tricks you can provide to speed things up? 

Also, the fade tool seems to randomly fill to the end of a line, or swap the "directions" of the fade (e.g., I select Blue to Green, then it shows up Green to Blue when apply it to a cell). 

Also make use of your recent tools and clipboards on the left column. Once you use a color it will be placed there and one click and you are back to that color scheme.

If you click on the red/green/blue symbol at the left of a RGB channel it will expand to allow you access to each individual color. You can mix your colors manually and/or switch colors quickly.

Also, the fade tool seems to randomly fill to the end of a line, or swap the "directions" of the fade (e.g., I select Blue to Green, then it shows up Green to Blue when apply it to a cell). 

The Color Fade tool and the Intelligent Fade tool have some features that are confusing if you don't know they exist, but (hopefully) useful if you do.  I'll describe it for Color Fade, but it's the same idea for Intelligent Fade:

If you select blue to green, and drag left-to-right, you'll get blue (on the left) to green (on the right).

If you drag right-to-left, you'll get green (on the left) to blue (on the right).

If you click without dragging, then if the spot you're in is all off, it will act as the Fill tool (I suspect this is what you're describing as "randomly fill to the end of a line").  If the spot is not all off, it will be unchanged.

Note that you can click and drag even within a single cell.

I thought this was a weird glitch I was having when it fills the end of the line.

Now I know what it is.

It is good for filling gaps that are off. Would be good if you could click on a color and it would replace it.

The Color Fade tool and the Intelligent Fade tool have some features that are confusing if you don't know they exist, but (hopefully) useful if you do.  I'll describe it for Color Fade, but it's the same idea for Intelligent Fade:

If you select blue to green, and drag left-to-right, you'll get blue (on the left) to green (on the right).

If you drag right-to-left, you'll get green (on the left) to blue (on the right).

If you click without dragging, then if the spot you're in is all off, it will act as the Fill tool (I suspect this is what you're describing as "randomly fill to the end of a line").  If the spot is not all off, it will be unchanged.

Note that you can click and drag even within a single cell.

Thank you! That solves most of my issues with the tool. 

Thank you everyone else for your responses! I suppose it will go faster with time, it just felt like I was missing something obvious.