Light-O-Rama Forums

Mega Tree Lights

jroot

What kind of lights do you like to you for your mega tree? I've been using traditional incandescent "stingers" but I'd like to move to 5 mm LEDs. I'm assuming they'll be brighter and tangle less with each other at the top. 

Does anyone know where I can find a 50' strand with LEDs that are only 4" apart? I can only find 6" apart.

Other suggestions for me?

Thanks

I prefer C6 leds for trees and shrubs.

http://www.holiday-light-express.com/C6_LED_Christmas_Lights-50.php

They are 4" spaced and look great.

Buy (2) 70 count strings to get 50 ft.

Best time to buy is pre-sale in January.

Edited by Mega Arch

My 22' mega tree (Kolak Tree) with 14,400 mini lights (incan.) never gets tangled and it takes 1 hr to put up.....less to take down. The bulk of that time is carrying it to the yard. I cant imagine what 14,400 LED's would cost.

kevinkolak.com

Every vendor I've ever bought from, the norm is 4" spacing for single-color, conventional LEDs. I've never seen any with 6" spacing.

I can't say what's in stores as I've not bought any retail lights since about 2007.

The thing is, I like to run one station of lights up and then down so that 2 strands of my mega tree run off one station/unit number on my LOR. In the past I've connected 2 strands of lights that are 4" apart but this creates extra plugs and bundled wires at the top of the tree. So I'm looking for single 50' strands so I can hook the strand cleanly in the middle with no plugs or excess wires at the top. But anything I find that long comes in 6" bulb spacing. 

Jroot I did the same thing with my tree. I used the 24 foot strands & discovered that there was too many plugs at the topper. So I cut all the plug ends off & soldered the 2 strings together.

but this creates extra plugs and bundled wires at the top of the tree.....  with no plugs or excess wires at the top.

Nothing wrong with plugs up top. You can't see them at night anyway. 

And I use C6 LEDs as well.

DSC03264_zps1820f90c.jpg

Edited by Santas Helper

• The topic was locked