Light-O-Rama Forums

New Feature in SuperStar - Pixel Extender

BrianBruderer

On 6/25/2017 at 9:24 PM, BrianBruderer said:

If you are in CCR mode then you use the Configuration dialog box to configure the unit IDs. And if you have DMX strings you can still configure things in the Configuration dialog box and since the number of pixels in DMX strings can be something other than 50 then you can specify the number of pixels, and the 50 pixel sequence will get squished or stretched appropriately.

If you are using two 50 pixel LOR strings per strand then you will need to create a visualization of your tree in the visualizer and then import the visualization into superstar. And then click on the Tools menu and select "Layout" and in the lower right portion of the Layout dialog box you can squish or stretch the pixels. In your case, if you had 12 strands, with 100 pixels per strand, you would set it as follows:

Enable Pixel Extender

X Origin - 0      Y Origin - 0

Width - 12     Length - 50

Stretched/Shrunk Length - 100

If you need help making the visualization let me know.

Well Brian, I must be the exception because I couldn't get the pixel extender to work as anticipated. Instead of me taking you step by step through it here, I'll send you an email with the process used and the results. Then you can tell me what I'm doing wrong to get the visualizer to work when extending a 16 leg pixel tree from 50 pixels per leg to 60 pixels per leg.