Light-O-Rama Forums

Layering of effects

Softball Shawn

Sax,

Do you know if there's a central place that Brian uses to collect suggestions/bug fixes?  I'm guessing many users have lots of suggestions.  

Like you and lightzilla, I really like SS, and use is almost exclusively for sequencing . SS allows me to create a lot of special effects, once I got many hours of experience using it.  I used Pixel Editor for one sequence, and it's really a nice sequencer.  

Layering would be a great addition, if that means the color of an effect that is in the "front" is the color used for that effect.

A suggested minor improvement:   I'd like to see every fifth line in the SS sequencing grid highlighted, in addition to the tic marks Brain now puts on the left and right side for every five lines.  This would make it easier to locate an exact pixel in a prop.

Posting it here is fine. Highlighting every 5th line would be easy to do. I am leaving on vacation tomorrow, after that I can do it.

23 minutes ago, Ed K said:

A suggested minor improvement:   I'd like to see every fifth line in the SS sequencing grid highlighted, in addition to the tic marks Brain now puts on the left and right side for every five lines.  This would make it easier to locate an exact pixel in a prop.

For people like me who use multiple props and fixtures in one vis and use horizontal, this could become cluttered. I rely on the "break lines" between fixtures to navigate through my grid. I like your idea, Ed, and if Brian uses it hopefully there will be the ability to turn it off, or make it totally distinguishable from the other lines.

If you have a current release you can open multiple instances of superstar and copy/paste between the instances.

If you are wanting to open multiple sequences within one instance of superstar, this is known as a "multi-document" interface. I have no plans on moving to a "multi-document" interface.

6 hours ago, Ed K said:

This would be a Godsend!  Please, Please, Please

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

There will be no more releases of the software this year. From here to the end of the year I mainly work work on sequences and customer support. 

I do want to get layering in. It is the next major feature that I plan on working on next year.

You can layer white lights over a 100% red, blue, or a green "scene".    E.g., I have white snow flakes falling down my mini trees that are set to 100% red.

But, agree, true layering will be a great enhancement to SuperStar.

Currently there is not. Next year I plan to put that in.

The layering will not happen until next year.

Posted yesterday at 03:15 AM · Report post

I do want to get layering in. It is the next major feature that I plan on working on next year.

I'm going to start mailing you a cat turd every day until you get layering in...

4 minutes ago, BrianBruderer said:

Not sure what to say to that one!

It's great fertilizer - your roses will love it.

So say thank you!  :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Softball Shawn said:

I'm going to start mailing you a cat turd every day until you get layering in...

Can you please specify what breed of cat. I might be interested myself.

• 3 months later...

So it is not possible still for me to take a CCR and have it solid green with a red chase pattern? Right now when i try this the chase is yellow because of the color mix. Is there any other way to do this?

thanks!

On 9/13/2016 at 7:32 PM, Santas Helper said:

Can you please specify what breed of cat. I might be interested myself.

Maybe he means Kopi Luwak coffee. Finest kind!

1 hour ago, brichi said:

So it is not possible still for me to take a CCR and have it solid green with a red chase pattern? Right now when i try this the chase is yellow because of the color mix. Is there any other way to do this?

thanks!

You're correct:  you can't move red chase across green and keep it red.  

Here's what I do to get the same effect.  I create an image, using SuperStar's Image function, that is one column (my CCRs are each in a single vertical column).  The image has alternating green and red cells.  In my case, I have five cells that are green (cell in the sequencing grid is one CCR pixel), five that are red, five green, etc.  Then, using the image effect, I move the image across the CCR.

12 hours ago, brichi said:

That's a pretty easy effect to create manually using the SE.  Are you sure you can't do it with SS?

I create the effect in SE but the colors mix, I don't have the full license for SS to try, I have tried it in PE and it works if i do a chasing red on left and then bring in green slightly on right side to mix, it doesn't change the red to yellow as much

Currently color priority in layers is not supported in SuperStar. Next year the first thing I have to work on is better integration of superstar with the Sequence Editor so you don't need to do copy/paste. The next thing after that will be to support layering of effects.