Light-O-Rama Forums

detecting notes and generating a sequence

ItsMeBobO

SpEx  is a tool I created to inspect an audio file and present a visual representation of the sound.   You can select notes on the piano keyboard to generate an effect with.  This works best for a pixel matrix, but also generate for regular channels and dumb strings.    You do need to tell SpEx how many rows and columns are in your matrix using Vegomatic. 

You can try SpEx by visiting my software download page.  

SpExCeltic.jpg

• 3 months later...

This year I added new sequences for  Cheerleader and  Wake Me up.    Both heavily used note detection of SpEx

This one uses the CCR macro channel but it could be sequenced using regular methods.   Notice the bass notes are seen in the poles.

Popcorn Hot Butter  example

• 4 months later...

A new version of SpEx has been released. v2.2.5     DL here

This version has

An improved pink noise adjustment during extract.   The former version sound extraction was weighed toward the bass notes which often seemed to dominate the effect.   Now the extract appears more balanced in the middle octaves.

Two new viewing filter modes which make it easier to see specific piano keyboard notes which are dim in the extract. 

10 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

A new version of SpEx has been released. v2.2.5     DL here

This version has

An improved pink noise adjustment during extract.   The former version sound extraction was weighed toward the bass notes which often seemed to dominate the effect.   Now the extract appears more balanced in the middle octaves.

Two new viewing filter modes which make it easier to see specific piano keyboard notes which are dim in the extract. 

Thanks for always sharing your work. 

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

A new release of SpEx 2.2.7 fixes a bug where the image file was locked on a rebuild.   Also added octave lines for easy to see next higher and lower octave on your keyboard. 

This snap of Linus and Lucy shows the bass solo in green on the left.   At 2:06 you can see the strong A# in the 5th octave and it shadow on the 6th.

http://itsmebob.com/SD.html

SpEx227.jpg

Edited by ItsMeBobO
grammer

• 7 months later...

SpEx has a new version 2.2.8  which has been uploaded along with all the other programs.    Expiration dates one year in the future or more.   This an S4 tool only. 

• Like 1

• The topic was locked