Light-O-Rama Forums

Fire Effect Fails

PCRail

I just started with PE and so far so good. I'm sequencing two side-by-side matrixes with a total of 400 nodes. The fire effect sometimes changes to a solid yellow (like a color wash). The preview looks the same in the editing preview and in the effects generator. Restart in generator doesn't correct this. If I close PE and reopen it, the effect is correct. I can't exactly pin down what causes this. Any ideas? Also please let me know where I can find steps to import a prop from visualizer. Thanks. PE has a bright future.

I'll try to recreate the issue. What are the dimensions of your matrices? Are you sequencing them individually or as a prop group?

Thanks,

Matt

• 1 month later...
I'm having the same issue. Fire won't work at all anymore, just yellow :(

What size is the prop (pixels wide x pixels high)?

If you exit the program and restart it does the fire effect work again?

I have been unable to recreate this problem so far. If it happens to you, please post as much information as you can about what you were doing at the time, the size of the prop it occurred on, does exiting and restarting PE fix the problem, etc. Thanks!

Matt

I have been unable to recreate this problem so far. If it happens to you, please post as much information as you can about what you were doing at the time, the size of the prop it occurred on, does exiting and restarting PE fix the problem, etc. Thanks!

Matt

A few days ago it would work when I restarted the software but not anymore. My prop is a tombstone with 90 pixels. Problem is, in the generator, fire doesn't work on anything anymore...

A few days ago it would work when I restarted the software but not anymore. My prop is a tombstone with 90 pixels. Problem is, in the generator, fire doesn't work on anything anymore...

Could you please post a screen capture of the Prop Definition window for your tombstone? Thanks,

Matt

Could you please post a screen capture of the Prop Definition window for your tombstone? Thanks,

Matt

Actually, fire won't work at all on anything. Even a single line :(

I just started with PE and so far so good. I'm sequencing two side-by-side matrixes with a total of 400 nodes. The fire effect sometimes changes to a solid yellow (like a color wash). The preview looks the same in the editing preview and in the effects generator. Restart in generator doesn't correct this. If I close PE and reopen it, the effect is correct. I can't exactly pin down what causes this. Any ideas? Also please let me know where I can find steps to import a prop from visualizer. Thanks. PE has a bright future.

Have you found any solutions?