Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB24 Enclosure ideas?

USAF_Buzz

Not sure if anyone has used the CTB16PC enclosure for housing the CMB24 card...will it work?  Are there other, maybe better ways to house the card?  I saw that they are on sale during the Mad Grab sale so I was considering the LOR enclosure.

Any help is always greatly appreciated!!

Buzz

I mounted mine along with a power supply in the Cableguard 1500. You might be able to use something smaller but I like to have a little room to work with because of my fat fingers. 

• Like 1

The Cableguard 1500 is what a lot of people use. It works well with the CMB24. Holiday Coro actually makes a mounting kit for the controller and the power supply.

+1 on the CG 1500. Card and LOR 200W PS fit nicely.

I've also put a card only in a CG 2000 with the PS mounted externally. Fit is pretty good.

If you do a thread search on "enclosure" or "cmb24d enclosure" you'll see a number of past threads on the subject.

Tje CG1500 is likely the most economical choice, especially if you need a number of enclosures.

I have the cableguard as well works fine. I also have some of my controllers installed in enclosures used for in ground sprinklers systems. I like these a little better because I can put holes where I need them opposed to the holes being prepunched. It's a little tougher to get strain reliefs on the cablegaurd.

The ones I used were from Orbitz. I think they came from Lowes.