Light-O-Rama Forums

Display Livestream

Victor Degroot

This year i wanted to livestream my display on youtube so that famly members and friends could see the display form other countries, Has anyone on this forum livestreamed their display? I was thinking of using an old CCTV camera and running the wires to an easy cap (RCA to usb converter) and having that run into youtubes livestream feature.

I have really wanted to do this.

I have used Open Broadcaster Software in the past. It would do exactly as you want.

I have really wanted to do this.

I have used Open Broadcaster Software in the past. It would do exactly as you want.

Open Broadcaster looks like a great software for this, thanks for the suggestion 

There is an iPhone app called live stream and it allow you to stream video from your iPhone to website, you need to have an a free account from them, also you can use the same app using a GoPro streaming to the iPhone, then to the app, there is a lag in between the GoPro and the iPhone plus the lag from the iPhone app to the stream webpage where your guesses can watch the live video, other option is to set a webcam to stream using the live stream webpage from computer and it allows you to choose the sound device which can be the sound from the webcam or the sound that comes out from the pc sound card.

Keep in mind that you need a good internet speed to stream

I use a IP camera and then give my family the IP address and password so they can log in and watch anytime they want.

• Like 1