Light-O-Rama Forums

Delete intensity file?

Al Saunders

Hi Everyone,

Anyone know if there is a way to delete an intensity file imported from SS once saved in SE? I had started a sequence in both SE and Superstar and thought I was done with SS so I exported in S3 to the SE. It's just 2 CCR's. Now since upgrading to S4 and Pro level I made changes to the SS sequence then exported to SE as an intensity file. When playing back in Visualizer my additions/changes are not playing, only my original SS sequence that was exported previously.

I think the layout in Superstar is wrong as the CCR's are still on the "regular" network and I will move them to Aux A running 500k speed but forgot about this when exporting.

Is there anyway to delete/remove the intensity file and make corrections to SS network config/layout? DevMike, I remember you mentioning the bak file at Expo but I tried that and got an error when trying to open SE with that file.

I appreciate any help given.

Thanks,

Al

www.saunderschristmaslights.com

Another thought, If I rename the older version of the BAK file taking out the BAK part and copying it to my desktop, then copy back to LOR sequences do I want to replace the newer version with this older version? I'm thinking that will take me back to how it was prior to saving with the intensity file. But it will also erase a few newer effects I added to regular channels in the sequence.

I wish there was a way to remove or delete the intensity file. Any ideas? :unsure:

Thanks,

Al

The way the Intensity Data works is that the Intensity Data is put into a file with a name that starts out the same as the name of the .lms file but ends with .ss.lid. For example, if the name of your sequence was MyAwesomeSequence, then the exported .lms and .lid file would be:

MyAwesomeSequence.lms

MyAwesomeSequence.lms.ss.lid

If you had exported Intensity Data from the Pixel Editor then the data is in a file named:

MyAwesomeSequence.lms.pe.lid

When the Sequence Editor launches it looks for the existence of Intensity Data files by the same name as the sequence and if they exist it adds them as a line in the Sequence Editor.

So what that means, is that the way to remove the Intensity Data from the sequence is to delete or rename the Intensity Data file.

from

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/36288-demo-of-new-superstar-features-in-s4/

Hi Bbayjohn,

Thank you very much for the post and info. That worked perfect! Guess I should have looked further into the documentation on S4.

Thanks again and have a great day!

Later,

Al