Light-O-Rama Forums

Network Config Error 380...

RaZZlo

Good evening.  I was trying to run the network configuration editor, and I received a "Run-Time 380 (Invalid Property Value) error...

Running Windows 8.1 and LOR 4.0.38 Advanced... I have the dongle connected but no controllers...

Thoughts ? 

Thanks. 

I want to say Kudos to the LOR Support team.  I put in a ticket, and within 30 minutes received a response and troubleshooting steps which solved my problem.

FYI, the issue seemed to be a registry issue which, by using the LOR registry cleaner, and re-installing the application, solved the issue. 

Thanks LOR. 

You are welcome.  I need to go one step further now ---

We now have had 2 reports about this error, so I wonder if there is not an issue with the Network Preferences program.  If anyone else see the 'Invalid Property' error, and if you can wait a little bit, please contact me either through eMail or on the help desk before running the Registry Wipe/Reinstall.  I may want to do a remote session with you and/or have you run a LORDiagnostic to see if I can pin down the issue.  THANKS!

• Like 1

Mike,

I assume I'm the other person with a Network Preferences issue.  I am fully setup for remote access.  I am sending you an E-Mail with contact information so I can get you access information.

I'm having the same issue here.  Is there something surgical I can do?  This is a machine I don't want to blindly make registry edits to.

I'd like to try to figure out what the issue is.  If you want Paul, please open or if you have already created one reply, to a ticket on our help desk.  I would like to do a remote session so I can find the issue and fix it.  

If you already did the registry wipe and reinstall (which only touches the LOR part of the registry), then it will magically work and the remote won't help.

YES!  PLEASE!  Please open a trouble ticket, and in it ask for Mike to do a remote.  We will schedule it when we are both available.  That way I can see what the heck is going on with that thing and get it fixed.

Thanks to everyone who volunteered to help me with this.  I did find the bug and it will be corrected with the next release.  The good news is that if you haven't got this error already, you should never get it as it only affects those who left the Network Configuration program in a certain particular state.

Thanks!

Out of curiosity, what was the weird state that I had left the Network Configuration utility in that causes the bug?

You used a previous version of the Network Configuration that had 4 tabs.  When you exited the program, you were on tab 4.  Newer versions only have 3 tabs.

If you want to geek out, change this registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Light-O-Rama\Network Preferences\Last Tab Used

Change the value '3' to value '2'.  No more error.

Not PECULIAR, PARTICULAR.  I have to edit my other msg!