Light-O-Rama Forums

clipboard help needed

tomsusie

I'm now at a point where I need to use the clipboard more often and I seem to be missing a step because although I can see my clipboard (the items I add as well as the default ones in both SE & SS); but if I look in the folders where they are supposed to be saved there is nothing in the clipboard folders for either Sequence Editor or SuperStar.  I discovered this because I was trying to flip a graphic and when I went to use Bob's tools and I opened the clipboard folder there were no files located there.   I must be doing something incorrectly but I have no idea what.  Tried searching the forums but did not find anything specific to this problem. 

Have I missed a video or thread that walks me through the process of using the clipboard?

Thanks as always for the great support from LOR & all my fellow forum users!  I always learn alot from all of you.  this is my 3rd year using LOR and this forum has gotten me through more than 1 stumbling block.

Tom

For superstar the clipboard files end with .scb and will be located at:

c:/ (your lightorama folder) / superstar / clipboards

The themes for Instant Sequence are clipboard files as well, so in that folder you should also see a bunch of files such as Theme01.scb, Theme02.scb etc.

Thanks Brian.   Really weird - they are indeed there but when I looked there before I saw nothing.  I was looking from within a program as opposed to through the windows file explorer.

Appreciate your help!s

Tom

I just figured out the problem.  apparently Bob's flipper only works with sequence editor clipboards -- not superstar clipboards.  The only file type I have the choice for is .lcb which is why I am not seeing anything in my superstar clipboard.

Is there any other way to flip an image I created in SS without manually recreating?  Do I need to import it into SE and save it to clipboard that way?

Starting with v4.0.38 superstar will rotate an image in 90 degree increments. It is done using a "Rotate Image" button that is now in the Image Setup dialog box.

I had not tried that before -- cool tool.  However what I need is to flip an image so instead of facing right it will be facing left after flipping.   The rotate tool did move it to that position but it was upside down at that point and I'm still faced with flipping it so it's upright facing the opposite position.

You are correct, flipping is not the same as rotating. So currently there is not a way to flip an image in superstar.

Ok - thanks -- I'll stop looking for now.  Hopefully it will be in a future release.  I have tried exporting it to Sequence Editor and then using Bob's flipper tool.  that works - I just have to figure out how to set it up so that I get the right look.  So far all I've managed is to flip the direction of my graphic but it's still facing the orginal way.  It's a horse & sleigh so looks strange with the horse backing the sleigh up. ;-)  I do appreciate your assistance Brian.  Thank you!

I'm working on it now. It's not real hard to code so I thought I'd add a "flip left-right" and "flip up-down" button in the image dialog box. There's a chance it will be in the next release.

• 4 weeks later...

Or perhaps an option to move an image in slight increments to the left or right or up and down??

Edited by BMurray