Light-O-Rama Forums

Questions About "Picture" Effect

OurMikeyRocks

When I look at loading a "picture" effect I find that it accepts .jpg, .png, .bmp, .gif, and .tiff files.

When I look in the PE Help file I don't find any material addressing "picture" effects.

What are some of the rules for inserting pictures?

What size should the images be?  What works?  What doesn't work?

Is there a way to insert video into the effect?

Mikey

Mikey-  it all depends on what you are inserting the picture to.  I am making a Pixel Matrix this year and so I have chosen the pictures I want to use and used the Paint.net program to resize them.  I made the pixel size the same as my Matrix so I can see exactly what its going to look like and make any touch ups that don't fade the way I like.  I've also made my own pictures in the Paint program the same way.  I've saved them all as .GIF files and put them in a specific folder so I know what they are for.

• 1 year later...

Going to re-resurrect this for the sake of organization.  After I save my PE Intensity file, does it save the images, somehow, in that intensity file, or are they still 'linked' to the file? 

When running a show on a second machine, do I need to worry about re linking all my images back into the sequence, or am I safe?

6 hours ago, lkcubsrule said:

Going to re-resurrect this for the sake of organization.  After I save my PE Intensity file, does it save the images, somehow, in that intensity file, or are they still 'linked' to the file? 

When running a show on a second machine, do I need to worry about re linking all my images back into the sequence, or am I safe?

Considering it asks to choose a file I would think that it is going to use that as the place to look for them. You could test it by moving the pic and trying the sequence out. If you pasted the picture in then I would say it is being retained in the LOR file.

SPaschall

Edited by SPaschall

It should save it in the intensity file.  I moved all my sequences over to my show computer, but didn't take the pics with them, and they play fine.  Now if you want to make changes to the PE sequence in any way, you will need to re-choose the picture file.

9 hours ago, Little_b said:

It should save it in the intensity file.  I moved all my sequences over to my show computer, but didn't take the pics with them, and they play fine.  Now if you want to make changes to the PE sequence in any way, you will need to re-choose the picture file.

That's good to know!

SPaschall

• Like 1

That is correct. The files referenced in picture and movie effects are needed for editing the sequence in PE but are not needed for playback in SE or the Show Player - as their data gets incorporated into the intensity data file.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 1