Light-O-Rama Forums

S4 Intensity files with Director unit

tomsusie

I have upgraded from the mini director to the standard director this year.  Will the director handle the new intensity files & enhanced network?  Using a computer to run my show is not currently possible.

Thank you.

Yes, with the following notes:

1 - You must have the PRO version of the software

2 - Your director must be a G3, and must have the latest firmware loaded

3 - All controllers on a network need to be G3 or CCD devices and have the latest firmware (must be ELOR capable)

4 - You must use the Hardware Utility to create your SD card and be sure to select the Enhanced Checkbox when writing the card

Yes, with the following notes:

1 - You must have the PRO version of the software

2 - Your director must be a G3, and must have the latest firmware loaded

3 - All controllers on a network need to be G3 or CCD devices and have the latest firmware (must be ELOR capable)

4 - You must use the Hardware Utility to create your SD card and be sure to select the Enhanced Checkbox when writing the card

Thank you Mike -- one further question -- how do I tell if my controllers are G3?  Two of them I bought 2 years ago -- the third one I got at this years Spring Sale.  I also got the Showtime director at that sale to replace the mini director I had from 2 years ago.  Thanks!

Couple of ways.  Take a look at our doc page here and find your particular controller.  That will tell you if it is G3 or not:

http://www1.lightorama.com/documentation/

Just FYI:  If you soldered it yourself, I can tell you straight away it is not G3.

Hook the controller up to the HWU and locate it.  The model name will show at the top after the refresh.  You can then look it up in the docs.

Thank you!  I will do that.  They were not kits -- LOR put them together but I"ll check them out.  Thanks again for the info & help!

Tom