Light-O-Rama Forums

My PVC frane fir a 13 CCR matrix

Andy Anderson

Just in time for the 4th I completed my 13 CCR pvc frame for a matrix.  I used 1/2 inch pvc.  It is 16 feet wide and 5 feet tall.  I used 2 1/2 inch deck screws in the uprights to hold the CCRs which are attached to 1/2 inch EMT conduit.  I made the frame so the bottom CCR would be up out of the snow if I decide to use this for Christmas.  The CCRs are the same ones I use at Christmas for my tree.  I just laid them horizontally on the frame.

Yes, I still have Christmas decorations up. 

Andy

post-231-0-16284200-1435623664_thumb.jpg

I also used 3" spacing.  I think it looks better with the closer spacing. 

• Like 1

The 1st year I had 3.5" spacing & the second year I had 3" spacing.  Makes for good resolution.

I also used 3" spacing on my matrix  (6 1/2 feet by  3 feet)  13 X 120 pixels.  Resolution was pretty good.   2" spacing would have made my flag 6 1/2 feet by 2 feet and I think it would have been to short for the width and look weird.  I used Holiday Sequences God Bless the USA and the graphics showed up very well. I ended up with 3" because I used a 3/4 PVC T connector butted up against each other on each end. with a little re-arranging on the end top and bottom connectors and it will be my 180 Tree for Christmas and horizontal for Halloween (Multi Task ).

• 1 month later...

I have been thinking about the matrix thing but i don't think the wife will let me buy more ccr's i already have 6 at $250 a pop ifi bought 10 more i think she might take one of my nuts! If i use one ccr for 2 rows so i have a 12 row/6 ribbon matrix is it to short for good effects?

You need to buy the CCRs when they are on sale and get them for less than $200 each.  I know that is still a lot of money but is quite a savings.

• The topic was locked