Light-O-Rama Forums

A Sequencing Tip

Denny

I mentioned this over on the Vendor Forum, but it doesn't really have anything to do specifically with a vendor, so thought I would move it over here to avoid anymore warning points.

Since there are a lot of CCR and singing tree sequences available now, for sale or otherwise, you can use those sequences to get cues for sequencing other lights.  Specifically, most of the CCR sequences have a six channel star included in the sequence.  Those six channels are good starting points for chases and fades on your other lighting elements.  Another excellent source of cues is the mouth movements on the singing trees, snowman, etc.  Even if you don't have any of the singing props, it might be worth the minimal investment to get one of those sequences if you are stumped on a song.  I have seen those sequences advertised from a variety of approved vendors from $5.95 up.

• Like 1

Ok , I am new to sequencing and read your post yesterday . I tried this last night and worked great . I used the mouth movements to sequence my arch and mega tree and it looked spot on. A lot better than I did using tapper wizard . Especially on faster paced songs . Thanks for great tip Denny . It's gonna be one I use often.

Ok , I am new to sequencing and read your post yesterday . I tried this last night and worked great . I used the mouth movements to sequence my arch and mega tree and it looked spot on. A lot better than I did using tapper wizard . Especially on faster paced songs . Thanks for great tip Denny . It's gonna be one I use often.

Some people have had great success using the Tapper over the years. I was never one of those folks. The Beat Wizard, however, is my best sequencing friend. If you haven't tried it, you're missing out on one of the best sequencing tools you have at your disposal. Try it. If you have any problems PM me and I'll get you on the right track.

• Like 1

Some people have had great success using the Tapper over the years. I was never one of those folks. The Beat Wizard, however, is my best sequencing friend. If you haven't tried it, you're missing out on one of the best sequencing tools you have at your disposal. Try it. If you have any problems PM me and I'll get you on the right track.

+1

Thanks for the help George. Appreciate any tips I can get . I have used the beat wizard and it does work great . I sequenced a couple different elements to it but was thinking that I was to sequence other elements (arch) to maybe the vocals or guitar part of the song Is this the way most do it ? I have read where people will mention about being too flashy or blinky though , so keeping that in mind too. After somewhat learning the software , I'm trying to decide which element should be doing what during the song . If that makes sense. I watch in visualizer but will probably be alot different when I see it in the yard . I am already anxious to set it all up and see it actually work .