Light-O-Rama Forums

New 4th of July Display

Joe T

Earlier in the year I asked some questions about building a flag display for 4th of July, now I can't find that post.  Some of the people that helped me asked that I show what I ended up with.  I made this flag out of a 4X8 sheet of plywood and repurposed some of my LED strings from Christmas for the stripes.  The stars are 7 watt C7 bulbs like what night lights use.  Using 63 channels (50 stars & 13 stripes). I also have 3 Cosmic Color Ribbons in the shape of stars as part of the display, but this was just a test of the flag.

I want to thank those who helped with suggestions earlier in the year - sorry I can't find the post and thank you individually.

• Like 1

Looks very nice.  Just wondering about color.  In the video, the white stripes look REALLY blue.  Are your while stripes really that blue or is that just a product of the video?

Nice sequencing job too.

Edited by k6ccc

Very nice job.   Love the way you intermingled the stars with the strips rather than using the stars as a single channel.  I have a 13 X 120 RGB flag matrix (4680 channels) and now have to re-do some of it based on your idea.

• Like 1

what are you using for the stars? also how many chan. for them the stars I mean?

sorry i didn't read far enough

The led strings in the white stripes do have a bluish tint to them when they are against the white stripes of the flag, but it is not as apparent in person.

It looks really good... the seq are done real well for the lights and with all the channels you have on your flag..

I really like the seq of the 50 lights to go with the strips. I was planning on making a 4x8 flag on a sheet of plywood myself but got to busy with other things couldnt get it done... hopefully for next year..

I would love to see the seq if you are sharing it for the testing you did the Stars and Strips look really good.. I would like to be able to learn from it for when I get around to making my big flag in the future.

Have you given it any thought about a posting of how you measured or layed out your flag and as to the light placement on it measurement wise?

Thanks

chuck

retired_old_sarge@yahoo.com